Lunch Ideas????

Options
I'm Trying to keep from eating so much PROCESSED food. I need some help with lunch ideas.
What do you eat for lunch???

Replies

• Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I worked outside the home, I was huge on salads. I would take salad and chicken fingers (I make my own once a week with chicken breast) and some light dressing.
    My husband takes turkey sandwiches on wheat with an apple and a yogurt.
    I am also a big fan of the overnight oats. Fills me up!
    I would stay away from those frozen lean cuzine meals because of the sodium!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, salads, possibilities are endless... You can look at my diary if you like.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'm a big wrap person. My favorites are:

Whole wheat wrap with hummus, cucumbers, onions, and baby arugula.

Whole wheat wrap with tuna, chopped up celery and onions, with a little bit of miracle whip.

Whole wheat wrap with deli turkey, cucumber, onions, laughing cow wedge, and baby spinach.

Edit: I like onions. Substitute with your favorite vegetables. xD
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Today I had oatmeal with 'autumn' spices (pumpkin pie, cinnamon and nutmeg). Threw in a packet of splenda because I was out of regular sugar and made it with water-150 calories and it tasted great and it kept me full for several hours :)
  • 27toheaven
    Options
    whatever i cooked for dinner the night before i often eat for lunch the net day it can make life a bit easier.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is spicy grilled chicken, garden salad and hummus.
    And I usually have a big cup of water and a green tea. Keeps me full for hours!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bumping for future ideas!
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    These days I'm digging homemade soup with a couple slices of dark, rustic bread and a wee bit of butter.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese -
    Ham & Swiss Grilled Cheese with Carolina BBQ Sauce
    Ham & Colby Jack Grilled Cheese
    Turkey & Cheddar Grilled Cheese
    Chicken & Cheddar Grilled Cheese
    Ham & Macaroni Grilled Cheese

.... the possibilities are endless.

Also, peanut butter & jelly!

Sometimes I throw in chicken burgers or leftovers too. Just depends on the mood!
  • manda79rn
    manda79rn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a hard boiled egg, with some white chicken breast cut up, bell peppers and celery with some mustard and seasoning, the yolk with the mustard makes a really yummy "binder" and it's pretty dang good, I usually have it with cut up tomatoes and sometimes sprinkle a few roasted garbanzo beans.. pretty good stuff.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a couple of previous topics on great lunch ideas for home or work saved to share with you but alas... can't find them at the moment :sad:

BUT just use the search feature here; try searching different things like "lunch" lunches, work lunch ideas, great lunch ideas, meals for work, etc.. there are loads of ideas and recipes around the site .... helped me out with some boredom issues I was having :drinker:
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed food. I often cook or eat out.

My lunch today was a chicken breast marinated in spices and grilled lightly. And also a mixed salad of shredded carrots with shredded cabbage. I also add a bit of oil to it and also some salt, sugar and parsley.
    So about 7 oz of chicken and 7 oz of that salad.
    I also added fresh prunes for dessert.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to have a new salad I made today with some beef kebab maybe... I call this salad the Vitamin. It includes fresh cauliflower, one tomato, one cucumber, parsley, some salad, an apple, teaspoon olive oil. Cut everything into pieces and mix with oils and some spices. Yummm
  • 0wlface
    0wlface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought a Thermos Flask for meals/ soups (capacity is just under 500ml). It was a bit pricey, I think around £18 but it has helped me so much especially during colder days when I don't want a salad and I am trying to cut down on bread. You can basically put anything in there and it stays hot (or cold) for up to 8 hours. I either take left overs or I often make a soup or stew especially for lunch on a Sunday.

Basically it freed me from only cold lunch options :)
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Like another user posted, I really like wraps. One of my favorites is also a whole wheat wrap (La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious High Fiber Large Wrap) with hummus, cucumbers, lettuce and other veggies. Very filling and low calorie. My other favorite sandwich is a turkey burger on a Thomas's bagel thin with hummus, sprouts, lettuce and sometimes tomato. That sandwich can get kind of messy, but it fills me up. I like to make my turkey burgers with Craisins. I use 1/3 cup of Craisins mixed into 1 pound of 93/7 ground turkey. I make 4 burgers out of that.

Sometimes I will make a lot of rice at the beginning of the week and make rice bowls throughout the week. That said, my version of a rice bowl is pretty much a salad + some rice :tongue:

Edit: Now that it's getting colder, I'll be making turkey chili (I really like lean turkey). I just use turkey, white beans and spices. If you're not a huge turkey fan, original beef chili is good, too. Just make sure to use lean ground beef. You may already have a recipe you like. :smile: I generally like chili with a small slice of homemade cornbread.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mason jar salads. Just google them for tips, but they're a lifesaver for me because I like to cook once a week. If I couldn't pack a salad on Sunday to eat on Friday, I'd be eating lasagna or whatever rice a day, and even though I incorporate veggies in all my recipes...mama needs greens.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I often make extra of what I had the night before and bring it in. Like tomorrow's lunch will be my leftover beef and broccoli with fried rice (all homemade). I when I'm putting it away I just take a container and dish out a portion for my lunch :)
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What is a fresh prune? Is that a plum?

Anyway I normally have salad pre packed because I am useless and lazy with some protein, normally quorn. I might start getting into wraps though - I love hummus!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What is a fresh prune? Is that a plum?

Anyway I normally have salad pre packed because I am useless and lazy with some protein, normally quorn. I might start getting into wraps though - I love hummus!

Yes, a plum! Sorry for confussion
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I usually just bring left overs from the dinner I had the night before and a peice of fruit.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bump, getting tired of the same lunches!