Lacking calcium . . .Help

Options
I notice everyday I'm lacking Calcium. But I can't drink Milk. What should I do?
Thanks for ALL suggestions.

Brenda

Replies

• luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Google calcium ascorbate crystals :)
    Grew up in a non-dairy, chiropractic family :)
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tums?
  • ruthcooper
    ruthcooper Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Viactiv
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It depends on why you can't drink milk. I'm lactose intolerant, but can eat yogurt without negative effects (because of the bacteria.) If you're allergic to milk, though, that's a different story.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Broccoli...believe it or not.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Broccoli...believe it or not.

Are you vegan? Also some more surprising sources: collard greens, kale, okra, quinoa, figs, almonds, sesame, molasses, beans, orange juice, soy milk and okra. More less desired: seaweed, kelp, powdered egg shells.....okay that may be better taken in a pill form.
  • runnerBee
    Options
    It depends on why you can't drink milk. I'm lactose intolerant, but can eat yogurt without negative effects (because of the bacteria.) If you're allergic to milk, though, that's a different story.

I'm lactose intolerant. I eat yogurt, maybe not enough. I'm learning a lot from the responses.

Brenda
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I just take a calcium supplement.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    There is a new calcium supplement called Adora. It is even better than Viactiv. I take the dark chocolate one and very much enjoy my calcium supplementation. Well worth the few extra calories a day. I use it for dessert.
  • runnerBee
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I bought some Tums today and I'll try the other calcium supplements after I use the Tums. Again, thank you. Without MFP, I would not have even known that I was calcium deficient.

Brenda