Hi, newbie from N Ireland

Options
Hi all,

I've just joined up to try and achieve some personal goals. I was thinking the three month period until Christmas would be a good start for some realistic goal planning and then take it from there. This is the first time I've ever signed up for such a thing but I'm figuring out I can't do it alone. Hopefully meet some virtual online friends to keep me going, and vice versa.

X Jacqui

Replies

• Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Hey Jacqui,

My Aunty lives in Ireland =)

That's great you have set personal goals in a realistic time frame. Yea weight loss is a lot easier when you share the load! ^_*

All the best!
    Via
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacqui, I'm 55, from UK and log in daily. Please feel free to add me for mutual support.
  • LucreciaSkellenger
    Options
    HI there! My name is Lucrecia and I am from PA, US. I been a member of MFP for while. I have to loose about 60 pounds to be where I want to be. I am a mom of twins, and I gained 70 pounds during the pregnancy, so I have to shed those off once and for all! Feel free to add me for support or contact me if you have any questions. I am also a diabetic (insulin dependent) so I know quite a bet about food, labels, calories and carbs, feel free to shout if you have any questions! Good luck on completing your goals!
  • irelyn
    Options
    Hi, Jacqui-

My name is Lyn (and as you can see from my User ID, I dream of going to Ireland as it is part of my heritage). It's too ironic to me that you mentioned Christmas, which is why I felt I must reach out to you and reply to your post. I was at work and I had thought on September 25 that I would love to lose 25 lbs by December 25 - what a holiday gift that would be to myself! I would love to get to know you and support each other as we embark on our weight loss goals and journeys! I'm in this for the long haul, it's been a while since I logged into MyFitnessPal, but I will be logging on until I lose all the weight I need and want to. Message me!

All the best,
    Lyn
  • Jacquimcc13
    Jacquimcc13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. Have been trying and failing to do it all on my own without success. Worst thing is I had lost a stone (14lbs) and was on the right way last year then I just gave up and I've gone the other way. Nobody's fault but my own, this time I'm determined and have joined here as I'm always on my ipad and everyone's messages seem soooo nice. Hope to keep in touch.

Jacqui
  • Jacquimcc13
    Options
    Hi,

First morning and five new friends, feels great. Thanks I'll add you when I figure out how, finding my glasses would help as I can't see a thing! Lol. Well my plan today is to go get the free passes at the gym near me and hopefully drag my daughter there with me. Also, try not to eat everything under the sun! Hope you have a great day and let me know how I can support you.

Jacqui
  • Jacquimcc13
    Options
    Hello Lucretia,

Thank you for your message, your twins look adorable.

Just finding my feet on here, first day and feeling optimistic - it's just really nice knowing that others care enough to get in touch.

I'll as you as a friend and hopefully be a support to you with your goals too .

Jacqui
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Minnesota, I got up to the wee north (Belfast) for the first time this spring. Welcome to MFP.
  • Jacquimcc13
    Options
    Hello Lyn,

Thank you for your kindness - shows through your message. You sound just lovely and I hope I can be supportive to you too.
    I thought long and hard about joining up as I'm really quite a private person and seen as the strong one in the family. However, this weight gain is really making me unhappy, not depressed but just annoyed at myself for letting me get this shape. Lets do this together - Christmas being a goal but maybe not a definite weight target but an achievable goal of not giving up ?

My first day today and I'm going to try 3 x 10 minutes of exercise throughout the day, I want to be able to say I did it at the end of the day - not feel rubbish because I didn't manage it.

Hope you have a good day. X Jacqui
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacqui I'm Andrea from the North East of UK. I've been on here for about 2yrs now, but its only this last couple of months I'm knuckling down getting serious about getting fit and losing the spare poundage once and for all.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Jacquimcc13
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

Thanks, I'm finding such inspiration from people like yourself. I'd better actually get to it and see if my first day goes well!

I like the flowers !

Jacqui
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi. I lost my v-card in Enniskillen, in a ditch outside of a church to the minister's daughter. Welcome to mfp.
  • cazmcf83
    Options
    Hi, thought I'd offer my support as well. I live in Enniskillen and no, I'm not the ministers daughter, although I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to find out who the harlem is!! :laugh:

Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Hey Jacquie,
    a fellow Norn' Iron' gal here so I'll send you a friend invite )
    I've been here over a year and its done wonders for me in more ways than just weight loss - I've made some lovely friends along the way.
    You'll be glad you joined the world of MFP.

Ruth

(I'm from the North Coast area, near Coleraine :-D )