Reebok Simple Tone sneakers

Options
Reebok® SimplyTone™ High-Performance Toning Shoes

Has anyone tried them and do they really do the job of "toning"?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I've got the flip flops and I love them. I'm not sure how much toning they truly do but I swear they encourage me to have better posture and it does feel like slightly more of a chore to walk in them.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't have this brand, but I do have a similar type of shoe from Payless (Champion). I don't know about the toning part yet, but when I am out walking, I really feel it later in the outside of my calves and especially the outside of my hip and butt. My brother wanted to know why the shoes looked so different, so he put them on and tried to walk and he was wobbling everywhere! :laugh:
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Hi! I have the shape ups and while I haven't noticed a visual difference yet, I do notice that my calves and outer thighs do start feeling the burn when I go for my walk during my lunch breaks (more so than with regular gym shoes).
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok Easy Tone- LOVE them. They're great for when you do a fair amount of walking because you will really feel it pulling through your calves and up into the backs of your thighs!
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    I have the ones put out by champion too. been wearing them for almost a month. they make the back of my thighs and my butt hurt. and a small piece of advice... don't trip or twist your ankle while wearing them... it is worse than when you are wearing regular shoes because of the thicker sole. I tripped over my puppies while chopping firewood and had a swollen ankle for three days. but in all I really like them. they do help with posture which I think in turn helps with exercising properly.
  • prestoncaleb
    prestoncaleb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I walk with my dog about 5 miles a day.

I used to have metatarsal pain from too much walking and running.

I have the Sketchers...and they are so comfortable on my feet...
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have a similar style in a different brand. I can notice a difference. When I first purchased them, I wore them on my morning walk, which I do at a brisk pace, and the next day my inner thighs were sore! I love them, and I swear they making walking more comfortable for my knees.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    thanks for your responses. ..thus far :-)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have the easy tones. I don't know if I have abused them but the "ball" parts in the bottom have been worn down already. They make my feet feet after about two hours of continuous walking....
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have the ones put out by champion too. been wearing them for almost a month. they make the back of my thighs and my butt hurt. and a small piece of advice... don't trip or twist your ankle while wearing them... it is worse than when you are wearing regular shoes because of the thicker sole. I tripped over my puppies while chopping firewood and had a swollen ankle for three days. but in all I really like them. they do help with posture which I think in turn helps with exercising properly.

It is awful that you injured yourself but you just gave me the biggest laugh thank you! Your puppies where I come from live in your bra! So tripping over them suggests a little more support is required LOL!
  • crimsonrambler
    crimsonrambler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just got Reebok SimplyTone sneakers today. I am completely skeptical of them actually doing anything, but I tried them on just to see what the fuss is about....

OH MY GOSH THEY ARE SOOOO COMFORTABLE!!

So, I didn't buy them for the toning, I bought them because seriously, it feels like walking on little pillows. I always have to break shoes in when I first get them, but after buying them this morning, they were comfortable enough that I just did a Leslie Sansone video with them on and I don't even have any discomfort at all.

So far I love them. I have noticed they're making me notice the soreness from the workout I did yesterday that was focused on my legs, and I don't notice that when I'm barefoot, so that's making me think they might be doing something. The whole idea behind them is that unlike regular shoes, they make you off-balance so that your body has to work to regain your balance. Some people say that it takes a while to get used to them, but it only took me about a minute.
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I own Shape ups and I seriously wish I didn't spend the 90 dollars. I feel like these shoes are like fad diets. Yes, you can feel a difference but it's not worth an injury. When walk, jogging and running your ankle naturally rolls for impact. Also, I see more of a tone up by walking up a hill or on an incline on the treadmill. If you want to have better glutes take the stairs two at a time. This is just my opinion though and consider it a fad.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the original ones made by MBT. Either their patent expired or the newer ones are slightly different. With my MBT's, I do notice a big difference. My hamstrings are sore the next day, so I know they work. I don't wear them that often because the round bottoms make it difficult to drive or pedal. They are my walking for exercise shoes. MBT's cost $245 per pair and you can get them at the Walking Company or Happy Feet.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I own Shape ups and I seriously wish I didn't spend the 90 dollars. I feel like these shoes are like fad diets. Yes, you can feel a difference but it's not worth an injury. When walk, jogging and running your ankle naturally rolls for impact. Also, I see more of a tone up by walking up a hill or on an incline on the treadmill. If you want to have better glutes take the stairs two at a time. This is just my opinion though and consider it a fad.

I agree. Especially if you're wearing them while working out. It seems like asking for an injury. I'll just stick with my regular shoes and workouts. Seems to be working so far.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy a pair of MBTs at my professional national conference this past June for 50% off. I had tried them on a few years prior and fell in love. I get heel pain often, and when I put these shoes on, that just goes away. That being said, I got them for the comfort factor, not the fitness factor. Sure, I feel it in my calves a little more when I'm walking, and I have to concentrate on my posture more, engaging my abs and making sure my back is in proper positioning.
    I don't think they've made me lose more weight or anything, but my feet don't hurt when I'm standing at work for hours at a time. My back hurts, but I think that is due to my weight and poor core strength rather than the shoes, if I pay attention to my posture while in them it doesn't hurt.
  • staceybug13
    Options
    They have new fitness shoes that aren't as "Bulky" looking as the rest. I can't for the life of me remember what they are called, but I did see a commercial that is out for them.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    thanks for the response(s)..