Green tea

Options
I love green tea!! Have you used green tea as an aid in weight loss?

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    nope. i just drink it.
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Omg, YES!
    Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus has officially replaced Sprite!
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    With the exception of black coffee in the morning, plain green tea, either hot or cold has pretty much replaced all of my beverages. So, as I am not drinking my calories anymore, I guess it has aided my weight loss. But this has turned into a lifestyle thing for me. Its truly what I prefer now.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of it.

but the only way it aids in weight loss is if you drink tea to replace a high-calorie drink.
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes! I'm drinking some now. Never the ones marketed as a diet aid. Just pure Costco Matcha blend. Helps my skin and hair too. I drink 2 20oz mugs a day but only if I'm close to a bathroom. :wink:
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking green tea for a few months on a regular basis. It took me a while to get used to it without sugar, since I never poison my body with artificial sweetener and don't like stevia/truvia etc.. It is an alternative to drinking plain water all the time. I lived in Asia before and noticed they drank it all day all the time, and are all thin, so there might be some connection, not sure. Basically it is soothing and makes for a great alternative to the regular coffee. I use Organic Bigelow. Enjoy....
    :drinker:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes! I'm drinking some now. Never the ones marketed as a diet aid. Just pure Costco Matcha blend. Helps my skin and hair too. I drink 2 20oz mugs a day but only if I'm close to a bathroom. :wink:

I hear ya!
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's what i did & it's working out GREAT for me! (:

I drink a lot of it.

but the only way it aids in weight loss is if you drink tea to replace a high-calorie drink.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Its truly what I prefer now.

Me too!!! I can drink it all day!! Specially after the kids are in bed.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its the only tea I drink. I have the Red Seal green tea with added lemon and ginger. It's divine.
    I feel that it had helped me unintentionally lose weight a few years ago when I started drinking it daily. I believe my teeth have benefited from green tea.. haven't needed a filling in years!
    I still drink coffee and the occasional soft drink or energy drink.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    does anyone find drinking a cup of green tea makes u feel dehydrated? weird I know but this happens to me
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    does anyone find drinking a cup of green tea makes u feel dehydrated? weird I know but this happens to me

Makes me (excuse me) pee a lot but, never dehydrated. But, that may be because I also drink about 64oz of water a day also.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a cup every night:happy:
  • nebakanessa
    Options
    I just tried green tea pills. They helped me break through my plateau, however now they are making me feel really sick. I'm not taking them again, but thanks for reminding me to buy some of the real tea!
  • does anyone find drinking a cup of green tea makes u feel dehydrated? weird I know but this happens to me

Makes me (excuse me) pee a lot but, never dehydrated. But, that may be because I also drink about 64oz of water a day also.

Yes. And only green. I drink black, chamomile, raspberry, mint, white, Egyptian licorice, dandelion root etc. at work all day and they don't make me feel like that.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just tried green tea pills. They helped me break through my plateau, however now they are making me feel really sick. I'm not taking them again, but thanks for reminding me to buy some of the real tea!

Are you taking them with food? I found that helped with the nauseous feeling :flowerforyou:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I can drink a litre a day, but I don't equate any weight loss to it.