Hi there!

Options
Hey there! I am new but this is not my first time to the dance. I have done WW and other online WL programs. LOL a bunch of my good friends are on this so I thought I would try this.

i feel disenchanted about this journey but at the same time hopefully. What do I have to lose? LOL I love my husband and my kids. They are a great support to me as well as my friends. :) -Su

Replies

• EternalMysteria
    Options
    Hello = ) For some reason, this site has been the biggest help to me in all my years of trying to lose weight. I hope it does the same for you. :smile:
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    welcome, and congrats on taking the steps to a healthier life journey. losing weight is not a diet, it's a change in your lifestyle all together. I wish you all the best success here. You will definitely find much motivation, inspiration, and support.
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    hi and welcome to mfp. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. well for a long time just resigned myself to the fact that I was fat and that is just how it is going to be. I started with this site six days ago and i am already showing progress. trust me when I say if I can do it anyone can do it. this site has made it so easy. (so far) and I even survived a BBQ under my goal calories.
    for me I think it has to do with logging every little thing I put in my mouth and every movement I make and being responsible for it. I am now completely accountable for my own proggress. and can blame no one if I fail but myself.
    I am sure you will do great here. I wish you strength because luck has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • suofthree
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! i already feel better! I hope to do a good grocery shopping and get started working out. I already do hot yoga, and dance classes. So I am excited to do more cardio and strength training. I used to do it all the time and I actually miss it. Time to make time for ME!!!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yay Su -- making time for you is so important. I know you're going to kick *kitten*. This site has been so helpful, and you know how I've struggled. It's funny that I thought online journalling would be so much less convenient, and I hate the idea of counting calories, so even if in my head, I still count points, it correlates close enough to calories that this site is working out great for me, and it's so much more convenient than I thought it would be too. :)
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome Su! I am glad you joined, I hope that you like it as much as we do! Good luck, you can do this! :)