ZUMBA!!

Options
Hi is anyone doing Zumba as a main part of their exercise?? And if so have u lost weight and gain muscle tone through doing it?? Also how long and how many times a week do u do it??? Sorry for all the questions it's jst I'm starting again tomoz and love doing Zumba on the Zumba app on my ipad!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• shadowrealms
    Options
    Today will be my second day of doing Zumba as my main cardio. I'm hoping that I won't look that stupid doing it! It's rather fun, though, so even if you don't lose weight doing it, it's a great relaxation device.
  • charinesolognier
    Options
    Hii... I started Zumba on Sept 9th... I've been super lazy with excersizing and eating healthy etc after I had my son... I'm 5'8" and I weighed 183pounds... I always wanted to try out zumba but never did until this month.. So as I already stated I started zumba on sept 9th and also joined myfitnesspal eating @1200 calories per day... my zumba schedule varies... here's the schedule:
    On Monday 1 hour of Zumba
    Tuesday 1 hour and 40 min of Zumba and than 20min of toning
    Wednesday no class
    Thursday 1 hour zumba and 15 min toning
    And Friday 1 hour Zumba.... no class on saturday and sunday...
    On Sept 9th I weighted 183lbs.. by that saturday I had lost 4lbs (I weight myself every saturday).
    The following sat I lost 3lbs... this past sat I had lost 2lbs... so in less than a month I had already lost 9lbs!!
    I couldnt be happier... especially when poeple around me started noticing!
    I love my zumba classes... and counting calories wasnt as bad as I had imagined! I still eat everything I want just not overeating like I did before. Definitely feeling motivated and determined :)
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like ur doing really well!! Keep it up!! Think I'll be giving my Zumba a go a see what I lose and if I don't lose then try something different!! What sort of exercises do u do for toning?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    zumba is fun, reasonable cardio.

balance it out with some solid strength training three times a week, and you'll be on your way.

good luck
  • emitinpink
    emitinpink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've done zumba for the last 3 months and thats how I lost 30 pounds, best workout i've ever had where I don't get bored easily. I go 5 times a week though, give and take a few days within those 3 months.
  • Aimeeallis
    Options
    I really Enjoy doing Zumba.. I started doing it about a month and a half ago, I go three times a week, and I do Tae Bo at home 3 days a week and take 1 day off to rest. I'm hoping that will be enough but I'm worried if I dont do some type of strenght training I might get flabby so I think I'm going to try the Zumba toning class as well!
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    I started in January of this year, doing ZUMBA 3 times a week. I am now between 5/6 times a week. I am looking for a gym to add the toning to my regimen, but as far as losing weight, I have lost 48 lbs. Of course, I have had to change the way that I am eating also, but I LOVE ZUMBA.
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a Zumba class for 1 year and 8 months 4 times a week and I love it! I lost 40# within 3 months by eating right and doing Zumba. I love it!