Replies

• 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    pretend to be a food critic :)
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I've been to the movies alone...I ♥ it! No kids, no husband , yak, yak, yak. I believe that if I really wanted to get Pho. I would go alone.

Go for it!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Its not weird at all, I do it often because my hubbie works days and I am not working right now. I just take my ipod or a book and enjoy myself. Nobody cares.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat Thai alone. It isn't as bad as going to the movie theatre alone.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    pretend to be a food critic :)

I would probably get better service too!!

Ok, you've convinced me... I'm treating myself to a sloppy bowl of Pho. I'll bring a book for back-up. Maybe my class notes.. I'll make it look like I'm soooo busy studying I didn't have time to cook...

I've traveled for months on my own, and never felt weird eating at restaurants alone. But for some reason eating alone in a small town is so much more intimidating! It's all in my head though...
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    If it helps, when I see people at restaurants eating by themselves I don't give it a second thought. As someone else said, they're just not that interesting. That being said, I do remember a guy that sat at a table beside me once (maybe it was Wheird) who spent his entire meal calling apparently everyone he knew just to loudly say hi and chat a little. He also kept looking around as if to make sure we were all seeing that he wasn't a friendless loser. It actually made him seem much more sad (and obviously more memorable) than if he'd just brought some reading material and enjoyed his own company.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with eating out alone, but as an option if you call them and ask they might be able to do a takeaway pho for you
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    Most sit in restaurants do take out. Usually when you walk in they ask if you want a table and you can say no I want to order a to go box of blahblahblah. But I go almost everywhere by myself and it’s no biggie! :wink:
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    done it. would do again. lol not a big deal.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I lived in New York all of my life up until a few years ago, and became quite comfortable with going out to eat alone.

It doesn't seem to be as common here in Florida, but I don't mind it. I'm glad to sit by myself sometimes just eating what I want and catching up on my reading, writing, studying..whatever.

I even go to the movies alone.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think? You gotta eat!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would love to eat alone.

We have to little kids. And when the food arrives it's 100% guaranteed that one of them has to go to the toilet. I have not eaten warm food in a restaurant for a few years now.

Enjoy :)