Aaaaaargh! Negative negative negative

Options
Tonight as one of many negative comments about how many classes I now do I was told that it was detrimental to my weightloss! I do three classes on a weds and apparently I can't possibly have enough energy to so all three therefore I'm not working out to maximum effort!! I BLooDY well AM!!!! I do just 9 hours a week of cardio I know plenty o people who do way more!!!! So flippin annoyed ......pfft!

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hmm, Maybe the person who said this is just jealous THEY don't have the energy to do this? I think it's excellent :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    was the comment about too much cardio (i always find these bemusing), or the need to balance with strength training?

given you have little to lose, and were concerned about losing inches, perhaps the latter point is valid? i don't know your workout routine so may be off base.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hmm, Maybe the person who said this is just jealous THEY don't have the energy to do this? I think it's excellent :)

Yeah, jealousy is the only possible explanation!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    As long as you're happy, then what do you care what other people think?

If it bothers you, perhaps you have gnawing doubts about 9 hours of cardio a week?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yeah, jealousy is the only possible explanation!

What else could it be? All opinions that don't match the OP'S must be rooted in jealousy, so say MFP.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you can work out that much and don't experience and detrimental effects, keep going with it. If you are worried, consult your doctor.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    forget what others say if it works for you and see results keep at it good luck
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    People on MFP are always "helpfully" informing me that the exercise I do is wrong, often without knowing anything about the exercise I do. And then I notice that their tickers say that they've lost considerably less weight than I have, so whatever. I'll do my thing and they can do theirs.
  • whierd
    Options
    People on MFP are always "helpfully" informing me that the exercise I do is wrong, often without knowing anything about the exercise I do. And then I notice that their tickers say that they've lost considerably less weight than I have, so whatever. I'll do my thing and they can do theirs.

Well, probably shouldn't ask questions since you have it all figured out. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Options

Well that seems silly. Maybe they just had less to lose? Maybe they're goal has been adjusted? Maybe they bulked and then cut?

It would be mighty rude if I said your opinion is less valid because your ticker reflects you have far more than me to go, wouldn't it?
  • alisonlynn1976
    Options

Well that seems silly. Maybe they just had less to lose? Maybe they're goal has been adjusted? Maybe they bulked and then cut?

It would be mighty rude if I said your opinion is less valid because your ticker reflects you have far more than me to go, wouldn't it?

But it's not rude to inform a stranger that they're doing it wrong when that stranger hasn't asked and is experiencing success the way they are doing it? I don't know what's going on with those people, but I've found that the more weight I lose, the more random women on MFP let me know that I'm stupid and/or ugly. And/or rude, apparently! :)

And actually, yeah, I do think that advice from people who have successfully lost weight is more valuable the advice from people who haven't. Granted, of course I don't know everyone's backstory, that's a fair point.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

BOOM!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    If three hours of cardio is consistent with your goals then go for it.

This used to be me though, doing multiple classes a day. I've since learned that I can get far better results (fitness-wise) in much less time by upping the intensity considerably. I jus think why waste your time. This isn't being negative about your routine IMO, just giving a helpful suggestion based on personal experience that you could be spending your time more wisely. If I can get the same or better results in an hour as opposed to three, I know which option I'll be taking. My time is precious

P.s. you can't keep the up the same intensity for 3 hours as you could if you were pushing youself for one. Doesn't make any sense at all to say that
  • whierd
    Options

But it's not rude to inform a stranger that they're doing it wrong when that stranger hasn't asked and is experiencing success the way they are doing it? I don't know what's going on with those people, but I've found that the more weight I lose, the more random women on MFP let me know that I'm stupid and/or ugly. And/or rude, apparently! :)

And actually, yeah, I do think that advice from people who have successfully lost weight is more valuable the advice from people who haven't. Granted, of course I don't know everyone's backstory, that's a fair point.

Who here has called you ugly? Body shaming is generally frowned upon here.
  • alisonlynn1976
    Options

Well, probably shouldn't ask questions since you have it all figured out. :flowerforyou:

I've never posted a question, actually. People insult me via PM or when I've responded in someone else's thread. If I asked for advice, I wouldn't be upset if some of the answers were negative.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tonight as one of many negative comments about how many classes I now do I was told that it was detrimental to my weightloss! I do three classes on a weds and apparently I can't possibly have enough energy to so all three therefore I'm not working out to maximum effort!! I BLooDY well AM!!!! I do just 9 hours a week of cardio I know plenty o people who do way more!!!! So flippin annoyed ......pfft!

If you enjoy it, it's working for you and you're meeting your goals, whatever they may be, that's what counts. And there are plenty of sports which require enough energy to keep going for 3 hours, so that opinion is a non starter. Good luck :smile:
  • Achrya
    Options

It stands to reason that at some point you volunteered information about your methods for whatever reason, or else no one could have told you that you're doing it wrong. No one ever tells me randomly that I'm doing it wrong with nothing to base it on.

I'm also skeptical that anyone randomly called you ugly or stupid. I certainly didn't decide randomly that your method of deciding the value of what a person has to say was rude.
  • alisonlynn1976
    Options

It stands to reason that at some point you volunteered information about your methods for whatever reason, or else no one could have told you that you're doing it wrong. No one ever tells me randomly that I'm doing it wrong with nothing to base it on.

I'm also skeptical that anyone randomly called you ugly or stupid. I certainly didn't decide randomly that your method of deciding the value of what a person has to say was rude.

For example, I posted that I care more about weight lost than inches lost, someone went off on me about how I'm stupid (actually, she said "not smart") to not do strength training, when I had provided no information about whether I do or not. I got a PM from a woman telling me it's a good thing that I have a nice body shape because I don't have an attractive face. No idea how she heard of me, and I know that's against the site rules, but it happened nevertheless.

Are we done attacking me yet? You're welcome OP, for distracting them from attacking you!
  • whierd
    Options
    Who attacked you? :huh:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Nobody has ever once sent me private messages or critiqued my exercising.