Bento Lunchbox Ideas for Adults

Options

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    veggie wrap with hummus and shredded veggies(carrots, cucumber, little tomaoto, black olives, etc...and a slice of cheese if you like)...and hot pepper ,cayenne just sprinkled on top to finish. Yummm
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bump

I don't have anything to contribute (unfortunately) but I love the ideas!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Had to order it, Thanks
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We love the laptop boxes here!

This is a great site with ideas - www.weelicious.com . If you go to the facebook page and check out the school lunch box albums (there are 4), she has some great ideas.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thinking about ordering a few of these. Love all the ideas in here.
  • wmilesrobbins
    Options
    A really high protein, low fat, high energy choice would be: white canellini beans, chunk tuna (packed in water), a tbl of olive oil, chopped green onion, capers or relish, diced red pepper, dijon mustard, salt & pepper to taste. Mix these all up in amounts that taste good to you to create a tuna salad like mixture and voolah, you have a great, low-fat alternative to chicken salad or tuna salad packed w/ vitamins and all the good stuff. Olive oil is actually good for you in small doses.

Another thing is an egg muffin. Spray olive oil pam in muffin tins. Break open an egg into the muffin cups (one per cup), sprinkle w/ salt, pepper, herbs & add anything like sundried tomatoes, mushrooms or anything you'd actually put in a quiche. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 or so minutes until the yolks are the way you like it. When you take them out, let them cool a bit and pop them out. They're awesome snacks!! I put 2 in a ziploc bag and take them to work for my snack.
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump I made hot and sour soup but I guess that wouldnt go in a bento box
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    bump I made hot and sour soup but I guess that wouldnt go in a bento box

if the Bento box has a soup container like:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-SL-JAE14-Bento-Stainless-Silver/dp/B000246GSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361230511&sr=8-1&keywords=bento+box

I love soup for lunch
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!! Thanks for the feedback!
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    It would be great to see some Bento Box lunch pictures here too!
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love my bento box!
  • jennacote
    jennacote Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think I need to start doing this - bumping!
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love doing this but i just use a plain plastic container. I love cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks in mine too. Usually add some sliced roast chicken and some pasta salad to it too
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you have hot water available to you, you could bring one of those packets of soup with you. You only need a cup of hot water, add the packet and you have a nice little cup of soup to go with the rest of your lunch (for me it's not enough on its own, but it's nice and warm!). Doesn't take up much room in your (bento/lunch)box either, and the ones I usually have are all under 100 calories (chinese tomato - 60 cal. and mushroom cream ~90).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    ::Googles Bento box::
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions :)