30 Day Shred Challenge - Any takers?

Options
13»

Replies

• carmichaels99
    Options
    I just started level 2 yesterday. I was worried, but I'm not in near as much pain as when I first started the shred. I am definitely noticing things tightening up even though I haven't lost any weight.
  • xmariaxaliciax
    xmariaxaliciax Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Level 2 today and quite looking forward to it, I was getting a little bored of level 1 and possibly wasn't putting my all into it the last two days. I have noticed that my arms are getting stronger, I think I've lost some tummy fat and my legs are definitely more toned. The scales haven't moved much and I don't feel like I've lost much in inches either but I'm trying not to get too hung up on it and just keep going as it's improving my fitness anyway.
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Yesterday was day 1 of the shred for me. Woke up this morning and 30 days seems like such a long way away so really want to get involved in some of these threads for support!

I purchased a polar HRM yesterday to help with motivation, and plan to embark on day 2 for the next hour!

Good to read some of the previous posts and see we share some of the same frustrations...will I ever be able to do push ups!?!
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's my first day today and I hope like many of you to be able to finish the 30 days and see a huge improvement, I have also taken before pics and measurements.

Is it really true, I will be able to do some push up??? No matter how hard I try I have never been able to do them before.

Excited to see how we all get along :)
  • aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey guys hows it going now? No one has posted for a few days. I missed 2 days this past week so I just finished level 2 day 3. Its killing me! Not so much soreness but just endurance-wise. I'm hoping I build up to it like I did with level 1 though. No more regular push ups here! I find the walk out press way easier maybe cause i get a little break in between the push up
  • aharburger
    Options
    Any of you guys still doing this? I just finished L3D2 today and I'm feeling a bit discouraged because the scale hasn't moved since I started. I keep telling myself its muscle gain, but its hard to confirm when the tape measure hasn't moved and I dont have a BF% calculator (before or now).
  • AlterJ
    Options
    I tried it before and i quit after the first day haha but i really want to try again
  • AlterJ
    Options
    Aharburger, even if youre not losing any weight, youre gaining muscule either way and becoming stronger and healthier! Even if you wont lose any more with this program, just stick with it to the end for other benefits and then find a different path. Just stay motivated, ok?
  • aharburger
    Options
    Thanks AlterJ. And I do hope you try again! even if you spread it out, it still counts :)
  • torque23
    torque23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D2 a few hours ago and was surprised with the workout. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and I'm using 10 pound weights instead of 5. Granted it is definitely a struggle for me to complete the weight work outs, but I didn't feel 5 was enough. I've been running and using my elliptical for two months and haven't lost any weight in several weeks, so I'm hoping this workout changes things. I'm going to keep running for cardio, as I don't feel the Shred gives me enough, any thoughts on this?

My measurements are:
    Weight:160
    Neck:12
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 39

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow, I'm ready to get off this plateau already!
  • jazmynlee21
    Options
    did any of you eat healthy during this? or just eat how you normally did? Im on day 4 and have lost 5 pounds,
  • AngelaAwesome97
    AngelaAwesome97 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would recommend taking rest days in between if you're a beginner. I started a few days ago and only stopped aching enough to do about two thirds of the routine again today. i couldn't finish today because i was too achy from a few days ago. o.o hopefully i'll build up enough muscle over a week or two that i'll be able to do it every day without rest. :)
  • musicmaestro25
    musicmaestro25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this tomorrow. Since I left the gym in order to cycle to work instead, I have noticed that I am less toned than I used to be so I will be using this to compliment my cycling (16 miles 3/4 times a week)

I am looking forward to it!