WEEK 10 Jamie Eason live fit weight gain?

Options
So, I have been doing jamie eason live fit for 10 weeks now. Of course I gained a few lbs when I started because I was not a lifting and muscle retention/water etc. I never lost those pounds. I started at 140, weighed in week 2, 146, ok no big deal. I do follow iifym however I am reverse dieting, slowly adding carbs by 3/4carbs weekly. I started around 110 carbs 1000 cals daily, and have upped to average 1450-1500 within the past two and a half months, 130 carbs, 150 or so protein and 50/55 fat. doing this I did not gain any weight, only thing i have changed is the time of my workout, 5 am now (fasted) vs 6 pm like I was. This past week I have gained 4lbs, no cheats, no extra anything, and my stomach looks 5 months pregnant.
I have been doing this weight loss thing for a couple years now so I am not asking because I do not feel like researching etc. I have lost 130lbs to gain 20 back. My lowest was 129, I did insanity and gained. I am just confused. I am not one to eat poptarts etc to fill my macros either. Any one has this happen to them? Any advice will be appreciated. THANKS :)

BTW
31 yrs old
5'6
I am on my feet all day (not heavy labor but I work in retail)
today's weight 151

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Also, are you weighing and measuring foods? Additionally, how long did you eat 1000 calories?
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options
    Just opened it :-)
    I was couting (around 1200 for months and it consumed me so I stopped counting and then one day realized I was way too low, added my foods and was 1000 and under, for a month or so). It has been since july I slowly began upping my cals .
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I was couting (around 1200 for months and it consumed me so I stopped counting and then one day realized I was way too low, added my foods and was 1000 and under, for a month or so). It has been since july I slowly began upping my cals .

How do you measure your food?
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options

How do you measure your food?

I use a food scale and measuring cups. I measure EVERYTHING, dont skip a beat.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    So you have maintained for a few weeks and jumped 4 lbs this week. Are you expecting your period? It could be water retention due to that.

Are you still playing with your macros?
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options
    After my initial gain when I started my program I have maintained even through slowly upping. Period is two weeks away and luckilyiam not one to bloat like that however I am getting older and I know that may change. The 4lbs seemed like overnight, I lliterally felt it. I havent changed my macros the past two weeks bc I wanted to give my body time to adjust.
    Btw I appreciate you trying to help, so many people are rude on here.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    After my initial gain when I started my program I have maintained even through slowly upping. Period is two weeks away and luckilyiam not one to bloat like that however I am getting older and I know that may change. The 4lbs seemed like overnight, I lliterally felt it. I havent changed my macros the past two weeks bc I wanted to give my body time to adjust.
    Btw I appreciate you trying to help, so many people are rude on here.

The good news is you didn't gain 4 lbs of fat, even if you had a huge binge that you didn't log.
    If your logging is solid I would wait it out and see what next week brings.

Did you add anything new to your diet? Change supplements?

Maybe others will have more suggestions.

Good luck.
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options
    Very true, and that is exactly what I kept reminding myself, it can NOT be fat, bc I havent ate anything I shdnt have.
    Only thing that has changed was the time of day I work out, which is so strange that may be the reason. I HAVE NO CLUE and thank you :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Unfortunately I dont know that workout program but its possible you need to add some more calories. Right now you are fairly lean which means you will require a bit more calories since you have less body fat. With that said if this program is anything like some of the beachbody programs eating more will help. I would suggest adding another 200 to 300 calories to see if that helps with some water retention and allows you to lose weight again.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You should definitely eat more than 1200 calories while doing this program! It is a very physically demanding program. I'd suggest at least 1600. When I did this program I was eating around 1900 and I lost a few pounds but all of my progress showed in inches rather than on the scale due to the muscle gain. I suggest taking measurements maybe every 2 weeks. Hope this helps!
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options
    I figured I needed more calories just worried about more of a gain if i jump from 1450 to 1600.
    When I did insanity i was at 1200 and jumped to 1800 and boy that weight slammed on to me.
    I also measure every week and have seen my thighs go up, thats it. I do love the program though and will finish, just concerned with the weight. I have literally 4 pants that fit and 12 that do not. I went from a size 6 to a 10 now.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It could be a variation of things... If you feel you bloated practically overnight possibly something didn't agree with you? Also things like eating fruit after protein, any sort of lactose intolerance, hidden salt, TOM, etc. can cause bloating...

Perhaps instead of just upping the calories, why not try calorie cycling? Have a few days at 1600, a couple at 1400, and maybe a few at 1300 and see how it goes? It helped me by supporting my metabolism by not going too low and having higher calorie days, and kept my body guessing. I found when I ate the same number of calories every day I became stagnant and didn't see much change, likely b/c my body got used to that amount and acted accordingly.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I figured I needed more calories just worried about more of a gain if i jump from 1450 to 1600.
    When I did insanity i was at 1200 and jumped to 1800 and boy that weight slammed on to me.
    I also measure every week and have seen my thighs go up, thats it. I do love the program though and will finish, just concerned with the weight. I have literally 4 pants that fit and 12 that do not. I went from a size 6 to a 10 now.

when you up calories drastically you will gain water weight. Also when people up calories they also up carbs a lot which causes more water weight... this is probably why you saw weight increases. Based on your stats 1800 is a better fit but why dont you up it to 1600 fir a few weeks and then 1700 for another two weeks and sit there for a month. Also still maintain protein and fats at a high level like you already are.
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options

when you up calories drastically you will gain water weight. Also when people up calories they also up carbs a lot which causes more water weight... this is probably why you saw weight increases. Based on your stats 1800 is a better fit but why dont you up it to 1600 fir a few weeks and then 1700 for another two weeks and sit there for a month. Also still maintain protein and fats at a high level like you already are.

Should I jump straight to 1600 right now? Not slowly?
    How many fat grams are too much? I love peanut butter lol and I am trying to cut back under 50 grams, but it makes me stay full longer.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I would jump to 1600 for two weeks. Macro's can be around 40% carbs, 30% pro and fats. But if you want to exceed protein and fats, it's ok.
  • ImCOLEZ
    Options
    THANKS!!
  • SR2691
    SR2691 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am considering starting the Jamie Eason 12 week program this week, but I am confused on macros. I have looked at the website a hundred times, and I cannot find what they should be during phase 1 or do they not matter? I haven't had a consistent caloric intake, nor have I ever done macros, and I want to make sure I understand it all before I start the program, as I want plan to follow it to a T! Any information would help :) thanks!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I am considering starting the Jamie Eason 12 week program this week, but I am confused on macros. I have looked at the website a hundred times, and I cannot find what they should be during phase 1 or do they not matter? I haven't had a consistent caloric intake, nor have I ever done macros, and I want to make sure I understand it all before I start the program, as I want plan to follow it to a T! Any information would help :) thanks!

There's a meal plan that goes with it. However, I found the calorie allotment much too low for me.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    So, I have been doing jamie eason live fit for 10 weeks now. Of course I gained a few lbs when I started because I was not a lifting and muscle retention/water etc. I never lost those pounds. I started at 140, weighed in week 2, 146, ok no big deal. I do follow iifym however I am reverse dieting, slowly adding carbs by 3/4carbs weekly. I started around 110 carbs 1000 cals daily, and have upped to average 1450-1500 within the past two and a half months, 130 carbs, 150 or so protein and 50/55 fat. doing this I did not gain any weight, only thing i have changed is the time of my workout, 5 am now (fasted) vs 6 pm like I was. This past week I have gained 4lbs, no cheats, no extra anything, and my stomach looks 5 months pregnant.
    I have been doing this weight loss thing for a couple years now so I am not asking because I do not feel like researching etc. I have lost 130lbs to gain 20 back. My lowest was 129, I did insanity and gained. I am just confused. I am not one to eat poptarts etc to fill my macros either. Any one has this happen to them? Any advice will be appreciated. THANKS :)

BTW
    31 yrs old
    5'6
    I am on my feet all day (not heavy labor but I work in retail)
    today's weight 151
    First congrats on what you have accomplished already! Thats some serious weight loss, and you look amazing! That is a very physically demading program, not only do you need to make sure you take in enough calories, you also need more protein than what mfp or usa guidelines will tell you. I would suggest upping your protein and healthy fats and keep the total calories around 1500-1800 depending on if its a workout or rest day, and also make sure you drink enough water , good luck , your doing great :)