Burger King - Satisfries

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I might eat them if the Satisfries tasted any different from their normal, disgusting fries.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Had these last night with my Veggie Burger(also on Burger King menu)....got home from work late and didn't feel like cooking. They're crinkle cut, which I love. They tasted really fresh....I enjoyed them immensely. Not going to be eating them all the time, because they're still fries, but nice to be able to get a slightly healthier version.
  • fyoufat
    Options
    the fries sound nasty. and I had a burger king iced coffee the other day, then when logging it I found out one large iced vanilla coffee has 60 grams of sugar in it. I knew it would have a lot but whoa. It was good though, but tasted more like sugar milk than coffee
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food much. When I do it's usually McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, or Five Guys depending on my food mood. I don't even worry about fitting them into my calorie needs/macros since I don't eat at any of those places often enough for it to be a big deal.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I would rather just bake the fries at home if they're going to be crinkle-cut like that, and have them actually be tasty.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    the fries sound nasty. and I had a burger king iced coffee the other day, then when logging it I found out one large iced vanilla coffee has 60 grams of sugar in it. I knew it would have a lot but whoa. It was good though, but tasted more like sugar milk than coffee

Tell me more about this sugar milk you speak of.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    So they're Ore-Ida crinkle cut fries? I buy a bag of those all the time, bake an entire plateful, and cover with chili and cheese. Why would I go to burger king?
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in a Novotel hotel in Edinburgh tonight - went to the trouble of looking at the menu before going down to the restaurant and had decided to have the chicken salad. Got out of the lift beside restaurant and the fire alarm went off - 'everyone out'.
    'Out' was cold and raining (it tends to in Edinburgh) - the hotel is on an industrial estate. The only other thing on the industrial estate at night is Kentucky Fried Chicken. The entire population of the hotel walked over to KFC - yes, we succumbed.

I asked for a chicken wrap. "Do you want the meal"? No, just the wrap and a bottle of water. "But its the same price". I don't want any fries, just the wrap. "But you're losing out". That's the whole idea, I'm trying to lose weight. "I'll give you a corn cob instead". Ok, whatever........ The tray came out with the wrap, the corn cob AND the fries. KFC are determined to derail my diet - its a conspiracy. I asked her to remove the fries (yes reader, I really did!) and she said it was part of the meal. I explained that I'd been given a corn cob instead ....she had to check with her manager that it was OK to remove the fries from my tray.

MFP members, its a battlefield out there .......

The KFC is tired of competing with the Scotchy goodness that's in Edinburgh so they saw a captive audience and pounced! In all honesty though, this sucks and it's hard enough to eat well, let alone when someone tries to force food on you. Yikes.
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tried them! Bad! They won't last long on the menu.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    "...the thinner batter..."

WTF? Since when did fries need a "batter"?!

THANK YOU!! I read this article last night and thought wtf? Batter on french fries? I wonder what awesome, totally natural and nutrient-rich ingredients this batter is made out of.
    The batter is obvious when you eat BK fries. Either McDonalds doesn't use batter, or it is so thin that is is not noticable.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried them today. Didn't realize it was still 270 calories for a small. Oops. Still fits in my day though. And they were actually not bad at all... and I usually don't like Burger King fries. Might be because I haven't had fries in 9 months though, but heck. No regrets.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love Burger King. I love their marketing. I love their not taking themselves too seriously. I like their fries. I'll try them next time I go. I don't go all that often.

me too, Burger King is my favorite burger joint. mmmmm whoppers....their sweet potato fries aren't that bad either. But yeah, I'll give these a go, just to taste. If they're gross I'll just trade with my kid lol
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think they are free this weekend, so I might give them a try.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Tried them! Bad! They won't last long on the menu.

please expand upon your review....
    i was gonna give them a shot, as i enjoy fries but not BKs regular ones, so im curious as to what your take on them was.
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Burger King... Mine wasn't so bad. 100 percent on all health inspections. Only thing that sucked was the management and the pay to work ratio... the food however, was always fresh and tasty. I went there twice now and had the satisfries. I like them better than the regular fries... (Of course I didn't particularly care for the regular fries, gimme rings anydays). I think they do taste a lot like the Ore-Ida crinkle fries. However, there was no real "Diet" taste to me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Burger King... Mine wasn't so bad. 100 percent on all health inspections. Only thing that sucked was the management and the pay to work ratio... the food however, was always fresh and tasty. I went there twice now and had the satisfries. I like them better than the regular fries... (Of course I didn't particularly care for the regular fries, gimme rings anydays). I think they do taste a lot like the Ore-Ida crinkle fries. However, there was no real "Diet" taste to me.

This pretty much sums up my review on them as well. They are free this weekend to try.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Are they even REAL potatoes?? I dunno...I don't trust fast-food french fries!!!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Sadly the BKs near me are a bit sketchy (dirty, poor service, etc) so I probably won't end up trying them until the next time I travel. I'll have to stick to Wendy's for the moment.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Are they even REAL potatoes?? I dunno...I don't trust fast-food french fries!!!

Yeah no doubt, lol. I'm not sure how they have less fat though, but they definitely taste different (and IMO better). It's not a 'diet' food by any means though, as I said the small one is still 270 calories, but for me it was definitely worth it.