Looking for friends!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm 30 years old, from Quebec, Canada. I'm currently trying to lose some weight (about 10-15 pounds). My final goal is to build muscles that show.

I've never been that overweight - my max weight is 183 - but I've always had a taste for fast food. I guess exercise (gym and soccer) saved me from going to higher weights.

Since I started minding my weight and eventually signed up for MFP, I lost about 10 pounds, which means I'm currently at 169 lbs for a height of 5'8. I like to log whatever I eat, especially during weekdays. On week-end, I tend to slack off or to eat from restaurants, so you never know exactly how many calories you are eating. But I try to always make the best decision when I go out. I've also cut alcohol drastically and replaced it with better food

But anyways, what I'm currently doing seems to be working. I'm eating an average of 2,000 calories per day + I go running 3 to 4 times per week for 45 to 90 minutes, depending on my mood and time available. Music is my best friend here. I also workout in a gym 3 times per week (I'll tell you more about my program if you want to know). And indoor soccer just restarted, which is twice per week for an hour.

I'm just looking for friends who are in any kind of situation:
- Heavy weight loss
- Light weight loss (like myself)
- Weight/muscle gain (like I will start when I'll have lost some weight)

I'm looking for motivation to keep going. Fall is around the corner and I'm pretty sure I'll have a drop of motivation to still go for a jog outside.

Add me :) I'll try to add a picture of current body soon and to update it as I lost weight and eventually bulk up.

Cheers! :)

Replies

• Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Anyone?:)
  • dkapplejacks1
    dkapplejacks1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm new to mfp and looking for friends and support on this journey. Feel free to add me :)
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    Options
    I'm always game for new friends :) anyone can add me :)
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am a very similar position to you. I was never overweight just not in shape. With watching what I eat and becoming a gym rat I am in the best shape of my life. Now I am looking for more definition in my abs and arms. It is all about diet and cutting the last bit of body fat to see some nice lines.
  • derrick998
    derrick998 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me—you and any one else.
  • KimberlyVerb
    KimberlyVerb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was, unfortunately, very heavy (215 at my heaviest) but with MFP and working out 3-4 times a week I've managed to lost 46 pounds so far. I'm always looking for motivation and friends :)

Whatever you want to know about me just ask I'm terrible with this "getting to know you" stuff..
  • danielstarrett
    Options
    I am still terribly overweight (somewhere between 220 and 230) myself, and am just as terrible at the self introductions lol. I always feel like am trying to boast or brag, or even sell myself. I AM however looking for more friends and support as well, and would love to get to know anyone who wants to get to know me :laugh:
  • kadavula80
    Options
    Just got in a couple of days back. I weigh 264 pounds and need to desperately cut down on the pounds. Don't mind if you all out there talk about cheeseburgers, that's how I got here in the first place. Need some friends to motivate me. Thanks.
  • Wiltord1982
    Options
    UPDATE: I'm now at 168 pounds. I now tie my belt one hole tighter. I noticed a difference, especially at stomach level :)

Indoors soccer has indeed restarted, so I'm playing on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't feel like I'm burning at many calories during my games as I am when jogging, but it's more fun :)

You can still add me :D
  • teecee60
    teecee60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend...add me. I'm quite a bit older but I also want to lose as much as possible by Thanksiving.
  • teecee60
    teecee60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oops....that's not me in the picture, Wiltford. That is my favorite hockey player who is also from Canada...Kris Letang. I didn't want you to think I was trying to impersonate someone else. :laugh:
  • Wiltord1982
    Options
    Kris Letang! Fellow Montrealer, who unfortunately plays for Pittsburgh, not Montréal :(
  • Wiltord1982
    Options
    My picture is not mine either, it's David Beckham's :) Putting that picture there motivates me to get as closer as possible to that kinda body :D
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    added, good luck(:
  • beck0068
    beck0068 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Heavy wt loss here! Would love to get a lot of friends for support. I have had a lot of sadness in my life over the last past 8 years and gained 60 pounds on top of what I had to loose. I have to loose 150 plus. but in the last 12 days I have lost 18 pounds, whooop, whooop. :) I lost my dad to a car accident in 2005, my niece to bone cancer in 2007 she was 20, my baby boy Connor in 2009, He was a full term stillborn, my mom in 2011 and another baby in 2011. I am trying to stand firm and loose some wt. Please add me. Good luck to you all on your journey's. Becky
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more friends to help keep me accountable. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Wiltord1982
    Options
    Old topic, but still looking :) Now sitting at 157, on a mass gain phase. Add me! :D