A happy dance for 2 lbs!

Options
Not really a huge milestone or anything, but every week I lose I feel successful!

Another success- I am not able to run 2 miles and feel pretty good doing it. (I never ran for more than a few feet before last month)
My longest run to date 4.36 miles. My goal is 5 miles, I'm almost there!

Just wanting to share my little successes. They are very motivating for me.

Replies

• peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success! Your doing great!

I'm trying to get myself running now too, trying the C25K way, and I think it's working. Getting a little farther everyday.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and on your two mile run! Isn't it fabulous to see what our bodies can do:happy: I'm sure you'll hit the 5 mile goal soon! Keep up the good work!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    congrats and be happy
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Are you kidding me? 2 pounds IS a huge milestone! I know how depressed I get when I gain 1 pound so I know losing 2 is awesome! It also is a great motivator for you, great job!
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good Job !

I also started running, at first i couldn't run for 200 feet if my life depended on it, now i can run 1/2 mile, and if i pushed myself i know i could do more.

I also want to be able to do 5K and i want to run a marathon , i am looking into this.

Keep up the great work 2lbs is great 2 by 2 and you'll reach your goal that's how i look at it. Every lb counts!
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options

I'm trying to get myself running now too, trying the C25K way, and I think it's working. Getting a little farther everyday.
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. 2 lbs in 1 week is great. I would do a happy dance too.:drinker: (<<drinking juice)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Now that is an inspiration! I used to run ALL the time when I was 16(now almost 21 and two kids later) and I'm trying to get back into the groove and get it done! Keep it up! I'd like to be able to run an entire marathon in two years.
  • iamanne
    Options

That's awesome! I think the training programs work. I use the Nike+ and its been so motivating and pushes me to strive for more.
  • iamanne
    Options
    Good Job !

I also started running, at first i couldn't run for 200 feet if my life depended on it, now i can run 1/2 mile, and if i pushed myself i know i could do more.

I also want to be able to do 5K and i want to run a marathon , i am looking into this.

Keep up the great work 2lbs is great 2 by 2 and you'll reach your goal that's how i look at it. Every lb counts!

I am planning to run a 5k in April and would love to run a marathon one day. The way I figure I can baby step my way to 26 miles....LOL
  • iamanne
    Options
    Are you kidding me? 2 pounds IS a huge milestone! I know how depressed I get when I gain 1 pound so I know losing 2 is awesome! It also is a great motivator for you, great job!

Thank you so much for your support! Its the supportive people that make this website awesome!
  • njjbosse
    Options
    you're doing great, 2 lbs is a huge deal, especially when you know you EARNED it.
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    so happy that I'm not the only one doing the happy dance. Yeah!!!!
  • JustSharon
    JustSharon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how our perspective shifts as to whether the two pounds is a loss or gain. A two pound loss is amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!