Diet Angel during the Week - Diet Devil at Weekends

Options
Is it just me, or are there others out there who behave like diet angels during the week and then diet devils at the weekend.....I am not sure why I do it either......I am so good during the week, I document everything and then at weekends it all goes to pot and I ruin all my hard work, it is like I feel that at the weekend I deserve to relax on the diet and have a nice time......it is not working though as no weight loss this week either - anyone else out there like me???

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's just you..... LOL. It comes down to willpower and making better choices. Weekends always offer temptations and to an extent it's nice to partake but there's no use in being really good all week just so you can over eat on weekends. Make a plan and be even better during the week to have a few calories saved for the weekend, add an extra workout on the weekend to use up some calories and listen to the diet angel on your shoulder telling you to back off on the weekends.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you werent on a diet, you wouldnt need to worry about the weekend!!!

a healthy lifestyle doesnt mean you cant have the odd treat!
  • EL2EL1
    EL2EL1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same! Think it's pretty normal to want a treat on the week end, it's just stopping after one thing! :-)
    I was better this week end when I had a plan, did lots of activities and planned a small treat for each day.
    Will add you as a pal. :smile:
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yup I sabotage myself ........
  • CarolineMason42
    Options
    Good to see it is not just me.......will definitly try a little harder this week to have a plan and reduce te opportunity to go easy with the take away etc :happy: the one thing that may be a little harder though will be that weekend treat of :drinker:
  • mohojojo
    Options
    LOL I encourage the weekend devil although I limit it to one weekend day which is my cheat day. Sure I eat a lot on that day but it doesn't affect my progress. Train hard during the angel days and that devil won't harm you much at if any.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOL I encourage the weekend devil although I limit it to one weekend day which is my cheat day. Sure I eat a lot on that day but it doesn't affect my progress. Train hard during the angel days and that devil won't harm you much at if any.

Yep! Every Friday is pizza night and I waste no time. Other than that, my weekends may not be perfect but I try to at least work out if I cheat more than one day.
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i never think of myself as being on a diet. i see myself as changing my relationship with food and making healthier choices in terms of fueling my body. that said, if i want to eat something...i eat it. :)

i've actually found i tend to eat less on the weekends, go figure. out and about and not trapped at my desk, i guess.
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to be super strict and then relaxed about it a bit.. and I've noticed that even when I focus a lot during the week, it all slips over the weekend and results in no net loss! I agree that a treat every now and then is fine, I usually have a treat Friday night but I guess i've just been letting that turn into the whole weekend! Ah dear. As everyone has already said, we just need to focus more on the long term goal and not ruin a whole day over one treat! Good luck to you =)
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yep, this explains me also. But I still track everything and just try and do better the next weekend. :smile:
  • k1o2r3i4
    k1o2r3i4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am pretty bad too- It more the wine for me! I have a few glasses,,, then the snacking starts! I've tried to limit to 2 glasses a night on the weekends so I can make better choices.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Me *raises hands*

I don't log food on the weekends. I eat and drink more on the weekends. But, I also don't sit at a desk for 8-9 hours a day on the weekends. I still lose but very slowly, but since I'm working on the last 10 lbs I'm okay with it.
  • gale1089
    Options
    SAME! Weekends will be the death of me! I'm not on a diet, but eat very healthily and I think I'm too restrictive with my diet in general, so on the weekends I allow myself to relax a little. I end up going crazy on sugar and carbs and feel super guilty about it. I'm using October as a plea to get back on track. Even though it's my birthday and I have weddings this month, I'm going to be much more careful with my weekend eating.
  • kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your not alone i track everything that goes in my gob Monday to Friday then sada sunda out the window.