Friends in Tampa Bay???

Options
Hello, I'm Crystal. I'm a 34 yr old mother of one amazing teenage boy and wife to wonderful loving husband. I decided to join MFP on the advice of my new PCP. I tried spark people and got no where. I've tried this website once about 8 months ago but only for a couple of days. This time around I'm on a mission! I started here weighing 240.4 lbs and I'm just sick to death of it. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have invited a few friends and family members who have proven to be a wonderful asset here and have become my rooting team mates. I have already lost 4 lbs! So I am completely stoked! I am setting small attainable goals for myself rather than setting a 100 lb goal that may make me feel like I'll never reach the end.

I've tried looking through profiles and sending messages. I only received one response to my message but no friend request. I am looking for more friends because let's face it, the more the merrier, but also because all of my friends and family are out of state. I would like to form a circle of support here in the Tampa area. My vision is that I will not only form a support group but to make some great friends. I figured we could get together, talk about our successes, our slumps, offer encouragement, ideas and even get together to exercise. Lettuce Lake Park is not to far and is a wonderful place to walk and enjoy nature. Or maybe you have some ideas of meeting places?? If you are interested please feel free to friend me and tell me a little bit about yourself to break the ice.

I hope to make lots of friends. Good look to everyone out there!

Replies

• silverstardust
    silverstardust Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    a little late seeing this post...but i like it!! i'm in tampa too and on a mission. looking for walking/blading friends. just found one who wants to blade and one who wants to walk...hit me up and maybe we can get a group together.

~april :)
  • silverstardust
    silverstardust Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Starlite,

I started a private, free group on FB for inline/roller skaters in the Tampa Bay area...we are looking for active, positive members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/578323722202807/

~stardust (april) :)
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. Looking for friends in the Tampa Bay area.. I'm actually north of the city, but I would like to poke about the area a bit more and I need some more friends online that are in the area in case we want to meet up and walk.

About me - I'm 5'8" or 5'9" depending on the tape measure.. I'm pretty chunky, I love food, I own a pet blog called Peace, Love & Whiskers (http://peacelovenwhiskers.com), the blog consists of pet interviews & pet product reviews. I am a pit bull advocate and am owned by 4 cats. I also take pictures from time to time and enjoy listening to music.. dubstep, rock, classic, some country, disco.