OH!!! NOO!! WHAT DO I DO?

Options
This morning at 3:00 am while I was studying I eat a whole small cheese pizza and 2 lava crunch cakes from dominos and a small package of trail mix. That equals 2,149 I'm only suppose to eat 1,200. It is now twelve here and I'm not hungry but I know later in the day I will be. So, what do I do...what should I eat?

PS> ( I went to bed around five and woke up at eleven)

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I know how school stress can wear down self control! firstly, get up and do something active. take a walk, ride a bike, go to the gym. get those calories moving and working instead of storing :) next, if you get hungry later, stick to raw fruits and veggies. eat some carrot sticks, an apple, a salad (no dressing)grapes, raw snap peas, oranges, a peach, sliced jicama, or some lightly steamed broccoli are some of my favs. drink lots of water. this usually does the trick when I slip up and overdo the calories. most importantly, dont let it stress you out or discourage you too much. try to think of other ways to deal with study stress in the future, but get over this little roadblock and move on :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Later in the day, when you get hungry, I would suggest eating something low calorie, yet filling and healthy. To make up for eating so many calories, I would definitely step up my workout for today as well. Do you have time for a fairly long block of cardio? Even a nice long walk/jog would burn quite a few calories. Most important thing is, don't beat yourself up for the extra calories. Stay positive, hop back on track and all will be well. Best wishes to you! :)
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    don't beat yourself up!!!
    do you have any time to go for a run or take a walk or something? it won't solve the problem, but ya might feel better.
    for dinner i would make something like grilled chicken and rice. don't feel that you can't eat at all now.
    Tomorrow is a FRESH start! =)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    And here is the good news.......That's about 1000 calories over your daily limit. You need 3500 to gain a pound of fat......Get in some exercise today and every day for the rest of the week. Keep to your calories and drink your water. For today, stick with lighter options. By the end of the week, you'll have fixed the error. We're allowed crazy days, once in a while. That's what makes this something you can stick to.

For next time, why not find healthier choices of what is easy and available for midnight munchies.

It's not the end of the world.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Doing this once isn't the end of the world. Put it behind you. When you do get hungry later, eat something that is as healthy and balanced as you can make it... A salad with some chicken or tuna, or some fresh fruit and yogurt. Exercise, even a short walk, will probably help you feel better. We've all had days like this, as long as it doesn't occur often, you will be fine.
  • ActionJackson
    Options
    Lean Cuisine makes tasty microwaveable pizzas usually under 340 cals. If you just have to scratch, its always good to have a few of those in the freeze. End the end what's done is done. Beating yourself will not help now. You recognize the indiscretion so next time try to be more preemptive.:wink:
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    put it down to experiance and forget about it. dont beat yourself up or think that not eating for the rest of the day is a good idea.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    If you have access to fruit and vegetable (I would say mostly vegetables) go with that. Drink water, maybe try a clear soup, and get some exercise. This is a small bump in the road - you will be able to clear it!!!