Need support

Options
I'm Cliff. I'm also not new to this site, but now I find I need it more than ever.

Three years ago, I signed up for MFP and had great success. I lost 50 pounds and was in the best shape of my life since I was 18 years old. I hiked for miles, ran 10 K events, mountain biked and was just out and about taking advantage of life.

Then it all came crashing down. My ex-wife lost her job. Finance came crashing down. I became depressed. I stopped working out. I began eating. I gained weight. I divorced. I lost my job. I lost my house. I lost everything.

In short, I gained back my 50 pounds and more. I went from 180 pounds to 280. I now struggle to walk up a flight of stairs. I barely can even walk without a sweat.

This needs to change. I am now in a place where I need to start thinking about myself and my kids. I need to lose weight again. I need to be healthy. I need to get into the gym and fight depression through exercise and eating healthy. But I know I can't do it alone. I didn't do it alone last time.

So, I'm searching for a support network.

About me: I'm big into the outdoors. Camping, hiking... I did mountain bike, but I've given that up. I'm a 38 year old man with two kids - 6 year old girl and 3 year old son. I'm not looking for the same things I did last go around. Last time, I got addicted to the scale and ended up at 180. I look back on pictures of me and the fact is I looked like a skeleton. This time around, I want to cut fat, but at the same time, I also want to pack on a little more muscle than I did before.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • redhotfirebird
    Options
    rocklion, good luck, I'm new here, too. You can ALWAYS start over! Just a little bit every day. Don't think you have to go right at it all at once, and lose weight by X date. Make small changes to start with. You have little kids, and from experience here, I can say that makes it really hard to get things back on track sometimes.

I can tell you what doesn't work......beating yourself up and expecting too much too soon. Been there! Content yourself with the knowledge that what you have going on right now it temporary, and things can get better! Remember how you felt when you were fit. That can always be you again! :)
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Friend request sent.
  • rocklion
    rocklion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like.