Small Goal Big Results - Loose 10 - 15 lbs by Halloween!

Options
Starting a little challenge amongst friends to loose about 10 - 15 lbs by Halloween check in date! Please join if you like to and keep the motivation going. Im do my very best to login everyday for this goal!

If you like post your starting Stats: You dont have to if you dont want to. Just a suggestion. Im going to Post my Stats Weekly on Mondays till the date of Halloween! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Todays Date:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight by Halloween:
Measurements:
Neck:
Waist:
Hips:

Todays Date:9/23/2013
Current Weight: 168
Goal Weight by Halloween: 153
Measurements: not sure but will measure and edit later
Neck:
Waist:
Hips:

Replies

• BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    On what planet is 10-15 lbs in a little over one month a small goal?
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Small goal in meaning just setting your self a goal for a time period instead of the total weight loss you may want to loose. I know 10-15 is pushing the envelope in the time frame, but I want to think about only 10-15 lbs in the next few weeks not the actual total I want to loose for myself. October 31st is 39 days away so its not even a half a pound per day more like 0.38 lb a day for 15 lbs or 0.25 lbs a day for 10 lbs.

I have see ppl loose 20 lbs in a month so I dont think its impossiable but I just want to think about the next few weeks.
  • shereeprocell
    Options
    I'm in but I don't want to post my stats. Too embarrassed!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so you are going to lose four pounds a week? That is a major freaking change, not just a "small" goal..have fun!
  • beautifulbelly
    Options
    Count me in! I think it sounds fun!

Today:

Height: 163 cm
    Hallowe'en goal weight: 125lbs
    Weight: 135lbs
    Waist: 31.5 inches
    Hips: 38 inches
    Breasts: 36 inches
  • jnfunk31
    jnfunk31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in but will just post that Starting -54.2 and want to End with -65 instead of posting stats :)
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    :heart:
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Perfect ladies. Post how you like, just keep the Motivation GOING for all. :)) We can do this!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    so you are going to lose four pounds a week? That is a major freaking change, not just a "small" goal..have fun!

I'm not sure how you get 4lbs week. This started on Sept. 23rd - Oct. 31st

Total of weeks just under 6 weeks. If I lost 4 lbs a week that would be more like 24 lbs. Not what we are going for.

Small Goal is thinking of only th 10 - 15 lbs instead of the big picture of what we want to loose.

Bob Harper fitness Guru even has a Plan out there to loose 20lbs in 3 weeks; now come on we arent even trying that.

On Average to loose the 10 lbs its 1.67 of a pound a week and for 15 lbs its 2.5 lbs a week which is just half pound more than what Myfitness Pal offers you for your weight loss goal per week.

Please DO NOT post discouraging comments when you are not stating the true facts. This is meant for those who just want to look at the next 10 - 15 lbs in the face for the next 6 weeks and quick butt!!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Count me in! I think it sounds fun!

Today:

Height: 163 cm
    Hallowe'en goal weight: 125lbs
    Weight: 135lbs
    Waist: 31.5 inches
    Hips: 38 inches
    Breasts: 36 inches

Happy for you to Join!!! Good luck and Stay Motivated. Turn your Beast Mode ON! :bigsmile:
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    For the Disbelievers that don't think this is possiable. Posting my updated stats today!

Starting Date:9/23/2013
    Starting Weight: 168

Todays Date:9/25/2013
    Current Weight: 165.5

Total lost so far 2.50 lbs. Stay Stong everyone! I know this isnt the easiest Challange but its meant to just keep yourself accountable for the next month. At the end even if you loose 5 lbs the point is that you focused on a small goal and not the big overwhelming picture of what you may want to loose. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Support> Article from Bob Haper Jumpstar to Skinny.

Bob Harper’s Jumpstart to Skinny
    Bob Harper is an authority on all things weight loss. Now he’s applying his know-how with a fast and safe plan that he claims can help you to lose up to 20 pounds in 3 weeks. Take the guesswork out of your weight loss and jumpstart yourself skinny!

Bob Harper has been helping people get healthy and reach their goal weight on The Biggest Loser with a focus on long-term, steady weight loss. His new book, Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss, compiles his most effective tips to drop extra pounds fast. This short-term plan is ideal to help you get ready for your next wedding, reunion or vacation. Follow these guidelines to help you lose up to 20 pounds in three weeks.

Below are the rules of Bob Harper’s Jumpstart to Skinny Plan. Follow these rules every day for three weeks. You never have to eat the same thing twice if you don’t want to – as long as you follow the basic rules, this diet’s options are endless.

Drink Coffee

Bob Harper’s Jumpstart Plan starts immediately when you wake up. Coffee revs your metabolism to help you burn more calories. Studies show coffee is also an effective appetite suppressant. Make sure you choose regular coffee instead of decaf; the caffeine helps with energy and performance. Have coffee up to three times a day.

Take Fish Oil With Every Meal

Bob Harper recommends having 1,000mg of fish oil with every meal. Not only is fish oil full of heart healthy omega-3s, it helps to prevent inflammation and restore your body – which aids with post-exercise muscle soreness. Take fish oil every day to prevent the muscle aches that often follow a rigorous workout.

The 40-40-20 Rule

Your plate should always be comprised of 40% healthy carbs, 40% lean protein and 20% healthy fats. Over the years, Bob has experimented with many various proportions and found that this is the ratio that works best to lose weight and provide vital nutrients. The protein revs up metabolism and builds muscle. In addition to fueling your energy, the carbs are packed with fiber to keep you fuller for longer. While people often mistakenly think all fats slow down weight loss, healthy fats are essential to keeping your body’s cells healthy.

No Complex Carbs After Breakfast

Early in the morning is the only time of day you’re allowed complex carbohydrates, so feel free to have whole grain breads, grains or even pasta. You’ll need these carbs early in the day for fuel, and you’ll burn through them by the end of the day. After breakfast, cut out complex carbs to accelerate your weight loss.

Hydrate!

With every meal, starting at breakfast, have at least 16 ounces of water. This is double what Bob normally recommends, but this diet is supercharged! It’ll keep you hydrated all day long and help you shed excess water weight by flushing out your system.

Exercise

The final step of the plan is to do at least 15 minutes of “jumpstart moves” five times a week. Bob defines this type of exercise as a multi-functional movement. You don’t need exercise equipment to cross-train your body. Try moves like the mountain climber, lateral line jumps and butterfly sit-ups to build muscle and burn fat efficiently.

Jumpstart Sample Meals

Breakfast

Try a Pasta Egg Scramble that also follows the 40-40-20 rule. The whole wheat pasta is your carb; egg whites serve as your protein; and healthy fats include olive oil and parmesan cheese.
    Alternatively, make Bob’s Quinoa Rancheros. In this recipe, quinoa is your carb, egg whites are the protein, and avocado is the healthy fat portion.

Lunch
    A salad
    doesn’t always make for a flimsy meal – Bob’s lunch salads are hearty, but in the proper proportions. Since you’ve cut out complex carbs by midday, the carbs in the salads are only from fruits and veggies. In Bob’s Pesto Baked Chicken Salad, meat is your protein, nuts provide healthy fats, and carbs are your veggies.
    Remember to have your 16 ounces of water, another coffee and 1,000mg of fish oil!

Dinner

With most diets, dinner is the most difficult part. People do most of their overeating at night. Avoid falling into this dieting trap by eating more lean proteins, limiting your carbs to only those coming from veggies, and adding in healthy fats. To help you feel satisfied, Bob prefers more dinner dishes like his Jumbo Chicken Stir-fry using olive oil as your healthy fat. You can also have Spaghetti Squash Bolognese that uses turkey as your protein, with squash and spinach as your carbs, and avocado as your healthy fat.

Snacks

This plan includes unlimited snacking – the catch is that you can only snack on veggies. For this plan, there is no caloric ceiling to vegetables; the more you eat, the better.
    At the end of three weeks, add 500 calories back into your daily diet and include complex carbs at lunch. You can be less strict about snacking and proportions. You may initially gain back a few pounds, but if you keep up with the rules and exercise, it will be a smooth transition. You’ll never crash or throw your body off balance and the weight will continue to come off!

Bob Harper’s Jumpstart Recipes

According to The Biggest Loser’s Bob Harper, your plate should always be comprised of 40% healthy carbs, 40% lean protein and 20% healthy fats. Over the years, Bob has experimented with many various proportions and found that this is the ratio that works best to lose weight and provide vital nutrients.

Try these recipes as part of Bob Harper’s 3-week Jumpstart to Skinny Plan. Each recipe abides by Bob Harper’s 40% healthy carbs, 40% lean protein and 20% healthy fats meal rule. The protein revs up metabolism and builds muscle. In addition to fueling your energy, the carbs (mostly from veggie sources) are packed with fiber to keep you fuller for longer. While people often mistakenly think all fats slow down weight loss, healthy fats are essential to keeping your body’s cells healthy.

Breakfast

Pasta Egg Scramble
    Ingredients
    1 tsp olive oil
    3 cups chopped, fresh spinach
    5 egg whites
    1/2 of the precooked penne
    2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Directions

Coat a pan with the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Place the spinach in the pan and cook until wilted. Set aside on a paper towel to absorb the liquid.
    Pour the egg whites into the pan and begin to scramble them. After a minute, add the spinach, pasta, parsley and parmesan. Mix until eggs are cooked through and the pasta is warm.

Nutritional Information per Serving
    261 calories, 26 g protein, 27 g carbs, 8 g fat, 6 g fiber

Quinoa Rancheros

Ingredients
    Olive oil spray
    3 cups chopped fresh spinach
    5 egg whites
    1/2 cup pico de gallo
    1/3 cup cooked quinoa
    1/4 avocado, sliced

Directions

Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the hot pan with olive oil. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside on paper towel to absorb the liquid.
    Re-spray pan and scramble the egg whites. Toss in the salsa and spinach to heat through. Place on top of the quinoa. Add avocado and enjoy.

270 calories, 26 g protein, 24 g carbs, 7 g fat, 6 g fiber

Lunch

Pesto Baked Chicken Salad

Ingredients
    1/4 cup arugula pesto (recipe follows)
    4 oz roasted chicken breast, shredded
    1/2 cup chopped zucchini
    2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
    1 plum tomato, sliced
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    2 leaves of butter leaf lettuce

Directions
    In a medium bowl, mix the pesto with the chicken. Toss with the remaining ingredients.

276 calories, 26 g protein, 19 g carbs, 6 g fat, 5 g fiber

Arugula Pesto

Ingredients

2 cups roughly chopped arugula
    1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
    1 garlic clove
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2 tbsp toasted walnuts or cashews

Directions
    In a blender or food processer, process all ingredients until smooth.

68 calories, 2 g protein, 3 g carbs, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber

Red Cabbage Slaw With Steak

Ingredients
    4 oz lean steak, cooked and sliced
    8 spears roasted asparagus
    1 1/2 cups of red cabbage slaw (recipe follows)
    Cracked black pepper
    1/4 avocado, sliced

Directions
    Heat the steak and asparagus. Place on top of the prepared slaw along with a dash of pepper and the sliced avocado.

Nutritional information per Serving
    173 calories, 29 g protein, 15 g carbs, 6 g fat, 10 g fiber

Red Cabbage Slaw

Ingredients
    3 cups of shredded cabbage
    2 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1/2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
    1 tbsp orange juice
    Directions

Lightly toss all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

46 calories, 2 g protein, 11 g carbs, 0 g fat, 3 g fibe

Dinner

Jumbo Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients
    Olive oil spray
    1/2 tsp toasted light sesame oil
    4 oz skinless, boneless raw chicken, sliced
    1/2 cup sliced celery
    1 head of baby bok choy, chopped
    1 cup chopped broccoli
    1 cup chopped cauliflower
    1 cup shreadded cabbage
    4 cups chopped fresh spinach
    1 tbsp Bragg’s liquid Aminos
    2 tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

Directions
    Coat a large skillet with olive oil spray and sesame oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry for three minutes.
    Add the celery, bok choy, broccoli and cauliflower and stir fry for 4 minutes. Add the spinach, Bragg’s Aminos, broth and crushed red pepper. Simmer until the veggies are fork-tender.

245 calories, 30 g protein, 13 g carbs, 6 g fat, 10 g fiber

Spaghetti Squash Bolognese

Ingredients
    4 ounces ground turkey breast
    1/4 cup sliced celery
    1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
    1/2 cup Bob’s marinara (recipe follows)
    1 cup spaghetti squash strands
    3 cups chopped fresh spinach

Directions
    Heat in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Combine turkey, celery, and onion in the pot. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to break the turkey apart.
    Add the marinara and simmer for 20 minutes. Mix in the spaghetti squash (which will warm through from the heat of the sauce). Turn off the heat, add the spinach, and stir until wilted.

273 calories, 22 g protein, 25 g carbs, 6 g fat, 7 g fiber

Bob’s Marinara

Ingredients
    1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small yellow onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
    32 oz low-sodium crushed tomatoes
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil

Directions
    In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir.
    Add the broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour.
    Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the basil.

62 calories, 2 g protein, 11 carbs, 2 g fat, 3 g fiber

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/bob-harper-jumpstart-skinny
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to play! I need some accountability because it hasn't gone well lately.

Current Weight: 160
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 150
    Measurements: Will update later
    Neck:
    Waist:
    Hips:
  • beautifulbelly
    Options
    This is exciting! I'm glad we're all revved up to do this! I'm going to post my stats every thursday (because Oct.31 is thursday)...

I like your encouragement. I also love Lean Secrets by Brenda Leigh Turner. Brenda leigh Turner is an incredibly motivating, intelligent and passionate woman, who's written her own (awesome and inexpensive) e-book on fitness and health: http://www.leansecrets.com.
    She also has a blog: leansecrets.com/blog
    ...and a youtube channel with so many incredible topics, tips, and workouts:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leansecrets?feature=watch

Here's a youtube video she did called 'Weight loss in a hurry':
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnkxUjWdYc&\list=TLMeR_FkYO1jVfexOVh7GiJFSB_Ehqw9mj

She's also on facebook and twitter.

She's absolutely awesome, and isn't all about fast weight loss...she's about maintaining the right balance of hormones through clean eating and exercising, and she's also a woman...so she offers beauty and make up tips occasionally. She's absolutely beautiful, so you'll be grateful that she's sharing! Her book is less than $30 i think, and she has in the past given it away for whatever you want to pay (including $0). It's totally worth way more than $30. She is driven to help women surpass their best!

There's also a website called Nowloss.com by Adrian Bryant that offers a lot of information, exercises, and online tools to help you get motivated and in shape.

Good luck everyone!

See you all next week!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    I want to play! I need some accountability because it hasn't gone well lately.

Current Weight: 160
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 150
    Measurements: Will update later
    Neck:
    Waist:
    Hips:

Awesome! Welcome to Challange!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    This is exciting! I'm glad we're all revved up to do this! I'm going to post my stats every thursday (because Oct.31 is thursday)...

I like your encouragement. I also love Lean Secrets by Brenda Leigh Turner. Brenda leigh Turner is an incredibly motivating, intelligent and passionate woman, who's written her own (awesome and inexpensive) e-book on fitness and health: http://www.leansecrets.com.
    She also has a blog: leansecrets.com/blog
    ...and a youtube channel with so many incredible topics, tips, and workouts:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leansecrets?feature=watch

Here's a youtube video she did called 'Weight loss in a hurry':
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnkxUjWdYc&\list=TLMeR_FkYO1jVfexOVh7GiJFSB_Ehqw9mj

She's also on facebook and twitter.

She's absolutely awesome, and isn't all about fast weight loss...she's about maintaining the right balance of hormones through clean eating and exercising, and she's also a woman...so she offers beauty and make up tips occasionally. She's absolutely beautiful, so you'll be grateful that she's sharing! Her book is less than $30 i think, and she has in the past given it away for whatever you want to pay (including $0). It's totally worth way more than $30. She is driven to help women surpass their best!

There's also a website called Nowloss.com by Adrian Bryant that offers a lot of information, exercises, and online tools to help you get motivated and in shape.

Good luck everyone!

See you all next week!

Wonderful! Thanks for the information and motivation!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Its a new week and hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We still have 31 more days so we can do this!!! Stay strong and keep logging in. Im take on over the other members advice a do weight updates on Thursday, since thats when Halloween falls. So I will update my status on Thursday. God Bless! :bigsmile:
  • MrsJohnson6207
    MrsJohnson6207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Todays Date: Monday, September 30th
    Current Weight: 172.6
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 160.0

Just the added motivation I needed. Thanks!

Method:
    Jogging today after work; at least 30 minutes
    Keeping it to the 1200 calories / day
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if it is safe to join in this late in the game...but I would like to join anyway. I will say that I am starting at 52 and would like to be around 42 by Halloween. And, I wanted to take a better look at those Bob Harper recipes you posted. They look good!!

Happy Monday! :smile:
  • JFH2001
    Options
    I'm in! What a challenge! Starting 61 target by 10.31 I will shoot for 48.

Blessing to you as well!