TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
1230078_150018965208817_1351620874_n.jpg

Easy, about 95 calories per muffin.

Replies

• shargolf
    shargolf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't tell by the picture, What size can of pumpkin do you use?
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    15 oz can. I've made these before with spice cake mix. Also will want to add come water or milk to the mix as it's very very thick.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy and FAST! Thank you for sharing!
  • eaglecrz
    eaglecrz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try adding a little pumpkin pie spice to this recipe....cinnamon, ginger, allspice.
  • jonjon111
    jonjon111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made it this week with a box carrot cake. It was sooo good!
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this one....sounds delicious!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What . I don't get it

How am I meant to make this where are the ingredients lol

EDIT : NOT FROM AMERICA

makes sense . pfft
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    What . I don't get it

How am I meant to make this where are the ingredients lol

EDIT : NOT FROM AMERICA

makes sense . pfft

All you need is a box or cake mix and canned pumpkin, you don't need to follow the directions on the box, just add the pumpkin and cake, mix together, put in a pan and throw it in the oven. You can use water to take away some of the thickness. I had a friend make it last night, she didn't use any water at all and said it turned out perfect.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Try it with spice cake mix and it is even better.... :wink:
  • nannymarty04
    nannymarty04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i tried this i used the yellow sugar free cake mix and pure pumpkin 15oz can size, added some chopped walnuts, mmm yummy!!!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It says 95 cals per muffin, but what serving size is that? How many muffins did you make from the mix?
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I made something similar for after church treats yesterday. I used box of spice cake instead of what she has listed, one 15 oz can of pumpkin, and half a cup of mini-chocolate chips. I baked on a cookie sheet as cookies (about 1-1.5 tablespoon per cookie) for the 20 minutes at 350 degrees. The cookies do not spread out and stay puffed up and have more of a cake-like texture. I ended up with three dozen cookies and no leftovers, so I would say they were a hit.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    It says 95 cals per muffin, but what serving size is that? How many muffins did you make from the mix?

• SunnySouth2013
    SunnySouth2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Did you use a mini muffin tin, because the cake mix alone is 170 each for 12 servings, and then you'd have the calories from the pumpkin on top of that.

I ask because I made muffins similar to this from another recipe on MFP and the writer said they would be something like 70 cals each, but when I entered the recipe in I came up with 143/muffin for 12 muffins.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about making these so I entered the recipe--to use a spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin (12 cup cakes)...it's about 145 calories per serving?

Is it the spice cake that adds more calories or are you making more than 12 servings?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I made mine as a cake and just pulled it out, I seen it floating around on fb and thought I would share. 95 calories is for mini cupcakes or muffins.

I just took a small little piece from the "cake" I made and it's amazing but it could very well be dangerous.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sounds very dangerous but I'll give it a shot lol.
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just made these with my kids today, really good! I used three ingredients.... 15oz can pumpkin, yellow cake mix and 1/4 Tbsp cinnamon.
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    BUMP
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    bump