Need help with eating clean??

Options
If you struggle with eating clean and need some ideas and support, then come join the 10 day clean eating challenge that I'm putting together!! It starts tomorrow!

It is a FB group cause I feel that it's a better forum for discussion.

It's a group to share ideas, support, recipes and motivation.

If you're interested, or want to know more, just let me know below and I'll message you with the link!! :-)

Ali

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    can you define clean eating for me? There appear to be a lot of versions of this..
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    To me clean eating is eating as close to the way nature intended...so avoiding man made/processed foods.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My definition is loosely based on the "5 second rule", unless I pick up the food and see a dog hair then it is immediately marked "dirty".

(Sorry, just poking some fun. GL with the group!!)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    maybe I'm just naive but if you struggle with it.... why do it? in any case good luck with your challenge group.
  • tdotali
    Options
    My definition is loosely based on the "5 second rule", unless I pick up the food and see a dog hair then it is immediately marked "dirty".

(Sorry, just poking some fun. GL with the group!!)

No problem! It made me giggle :)
  • tdotali
    Options
    maybe I'm just naive but if you struggle with it.... why do it? in any case good luck with your challenge group.

Why eat clean if you struggle with it? Just because something is a struggle doesn't mean you shouldn't even attempt to get better.
    I like doing theses challenges cause it helps motivate me and many members have found success in their weight loss! And that's why we're here, aren't we??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No thank you. Good luck with your journey.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    no thanks. i'm starting my own month long challenge tomorrow where i will eat pizza EVERY DAY IN OCTOBER and still lose 10+lbs.

IMHO, clean eating is a mental illness. the cure is pizza.
  • colleenreid4
    colleenreid4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know a little more. Can you send me the link please.

Cheers,
    Colleen
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    no thanks. i'm starting my own month long challenge tomorrow where i will eat pizza EVERY DAY IN OCTOBER and still lose 10+lbs.

Can I join your challenge it sounds like a better fit....... plus I got fudge iced brownies I can bring for dessert.... :drinker:

Best of Luck OP I don't have any problem with people doing what they feel is best for them..... but after losing 300+ lbs. I don't like labeling food into categories of Good vs. Bad.... I had a hard enough time learning portion control and moderation...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Why eat clean if you struggle with it? Just because something is a struggle doesn't mean you shouldn't even attempt to get better.
    I like doing theses challenges cause it helps motivate me and many members have found success in their weight loss! And that's why we're here, aren't we??

No. Not really.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Can I join your challenge it sounds like a better fit....... plus I got fudge iced brownies I can bring for dessert.... :drinker:

Best of Luck OP I don't have any problem with people doing what they feel is best for them..... but after losing 300+ lbs. I don't like labeling food into categories of Good vs. Bad.... I had a hard enough time learning portion control and moderation...

i started a group for it today. i have some typing to do still and then i'll make it public later today for anyone who wants to follow along or join in.

i'm just tired of explaining to people who don't understand IIFYM that you really can eat whatever you want if you balance the rest of your intake to meet your macros, and still lose weight and be healthy... so i'm going to prove it and hopefully it can serve as anecdotal evidence the next time some orthorexic food shamer insists that "what" you eat is the sole determinant for whether or not you can lose weight.
  • tdotali
    Options
    Anybody who is actually interested in being with like minded people to help each other out??
  • wickc13
    Options
    I'm interested, please send me the link!
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Interested! Can you send me the link?