Inner thighs just won't tone!

Options
I'm weight training with a personal trainer-things are progressing wonderfully and I'm losing inches everywhere and feel great. I'm shocked at what quick visual results I am getting with only 30 min workouts 3-4 times a week! Amazing! Wish I had learned about weights years ago.

My problem....my inner thighs are huge! I gained them while pregnant with child #2--I can visually see the muscle around this area and the more tone it gets - the worse these bulges look--like to sacs stuck in the middle of my legs :(

I have no idea how to get rid of these!

We are going on a cruise in 40 days & I had hoped to feel 100% confident in a bathing suit by then :(

Suggestions? This is such a downer!

Replies

• confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The only resolution I found for my incessant inner thighs was to watch my food intake. I went really low carb and found that my thighs melted the fat pretty quickly, and I was toned. I'm talking leg muscles showing through my pant legs kind of toned. Maybe by tweaking your meals you can spot reduce?

Other than that, it's completely hereditary and based on your DNA.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    plie squats! anything that really makes those inner thighs burn, go low and hold for a couple of seconds and then really squeeze at the top of the movement too.
    Good luck... I'm so jealous you're going on a cruise!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you can't spot reduce.

but if you continue with the weights and eating at a deficet you will see more reduction.

I have a similar problem but have accepted the fact that I may always have that issue with aesthetics as it is likely in my case genetics...not saying that is your issue...
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have same issue... so watching my food and doing alot of leg exercises and cardio.
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks All! I have been Gluten Free for about a month (give or take a few cheats here and there) & it seems to be making a difference. I sit all day and I'm sure that isn't helping.

I'm taking the "it's a new month!" approach today so hopefully will burn a few more inches before the cruise!
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    plie squats! anything that really makes those inner thighs burn, go low and hold for a couple of seconds and then really squeeze at the top of the movement too.
    Good luck... I'm so jealous you're going on a cruise!

Our first cruise - I'm SO EXCITED! I live in upstate NY and have never seen the ocean! We are surrounded by Lake Ontario so it never seemed like I was missing out so now I am super stoked!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Even Byonce has trouble there! LOL! :laugh: Remember the super bowl?