I LOST weight on my cruise!!!!

Options
Okay, I certainly didn't think I could report this but it's true! I was 189 when I left and weighed 187.9 when I returned two weeks later!!!

Did I eat crappy food? yes Did I drink too much alcohol? YES

So, how did this happen? Looking back, I have some ideas. First, I was VERY active on this cruise and during our land vacation. We were in Maui for four days, a week of cruising the islands, and then Oahu for three days. While in Maui, I ran the boardwalk one morning, took a long hike with dh to find a blowhole, and ran a 5k the Saturday we left on the cruise. Almost every day on the cruise, we had some kind of physical activity planned--snorkeling, hiking, walking, etc... I even ran on the ship a couple of times. In Oahu, I climbed Diamond Head. My other thought is that, while my food choices at night and for snacks (shaved ice--YUM) were not as good, I stuck with my normal yogurt/granola or banana for breakfast and took our lunch with us on most days (usually a sandwich thin with peanut butter and honey and maybe sliced banana and some fruit and/or pretzels). I also carried a water jug that I filled each day with ice, so we were drinking lots of water.

This is really making me rethink my past vacations and is interesting to me as I think about the types of vacations I might want to have in the future. I never felt deprived.

Hope this helps some of you!

Replies

• workoutqueen628
    Options
    KUDOS to you! It is def. easy to gain weight when there is SO MUCH food 24/7 on cruises! It's all about moderation, vacations are a time to relax but that doesn't mean you can use that as an excuse to skimp on your healthy lifestyle!! Seems like you found that balance :)
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    KUDOS to you! It is def. easy to gain weight when there is SO MUCH food 24/7 on cruises! It's all about moderation, vacations are a time to relax but that doesn't mean you can use that as an excuse to skimp on your healthy lifestyle!! Seems like you found that balance :)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That means your lifestyle is heading in the healthy direction! Good for you! :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    wow, that is awesome! i've been on a cruise and i can attest to how hard that might have been. they have the yummiest food. good job on exercising, drinking water and eating a healthy bf and lunch.
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It looks as though all the "physical" activities you planned out on your cruise did a world of wonders! Good for you! :0)
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!