I failed at maintenance!

Options
Hi Everyone

I have been on this site for over 18 months now and successfully lost 80lbs! Yay! However, I have had the summer of my life and gained 9 lbs. I still needed to lose weight when I went into maintenance but I just blew it, big time.

I know what to do to get back on track but finding it daunting as I lost my buddies when going into maintenance so I am in need of support - and I am pretty good at giving support and advice too!

I am on day 2 week 1 of Couch to 5k and I am looking for buddies who are in a similar position to myself - 37 yr old female, Uk, just starting out with exercising (I didn't do ANY exercise when I lost before).

Please add me if you fancy a buddy - Wendy

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i fancy a buddy :) and since youve done it before I know you will do it again!!!! and 9 pounds? i wouldnt call that a failure. Just pick yourself up and do it again!!!!
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks qt! You've boosted me already - glad to have you as a friend!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I was down 86 and found myself with 10+ on, summer just got way too fun!

now I am on a mission to lose this weight before Christmas due to a surgery that depends on it.

You can add me if you wish.

We did it once, we can do it again.
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. You have so much success to look at.
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    Thanks ladies, very supportive - really needed this boost as I don't reach out very often. Those that have wanted to add or be added - thanks - hope we can help each other achiever our goals xox
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    my pleasure :) look forward to seeing your future success. and sharing mine as well ;)
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I fancy anyone who says fancy... why can't we say things like this in the US?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    my biggest fear. losing 90 pounds has been easy. keeping it off forever seems impossible.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting into running as well. I'd love to be friends. I've grown pretty accustom to maintaining my weight. It's just that I'm maintaining about 40 pounds more than I want to be. Hoping the running gives me the boost I need to shed some weight.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain back all of what you lost and you are back here doing what you need to do to get back on track. In my mind, you have in no way, shape or form "Blown it". :flowerforyou:
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    I'm just getting into running as well. I'd love to be friends. I've grown pretty accustom to maintaining my weight. It's just that I'm maintaining about 40 pounds more than I want to be. Hoping the running gives me the boost I need to shed some weight.

What a great quote 'maintaining 40 pounds more than I want to' - two peas in a pod gal - I went to maintenance far too early. It makes it easier, right? :flowerforyou: