Completed my first 5K race

Options
I completed my first 5K race today, my goal for 2014 is to complete 3 5K races.

Replies

• happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done.....and all the best for the other two. It is indeed a commendable feat!!!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    AWESOME!! i hope to complete one this year!! shooting for a "beginner's tri" on new years day!! Keep going!! don't stop!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, how was it? Congratulations!
  • acegrassmasters
    acegrassmasters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cold and wet, but overall it was a good experience for my first 5K, just sore and exhausted from it.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well done...Im doing my second 5km,race next week....what was your finish time?
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's a truly awesome accomplishment! I'm doing my first in a couple weeks and I can't wait!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Very awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Well done!!
  • acegrassmasters
    Options
    58:45 finished time, I walked the 5K
  • acegrassmasters
    Options
    Well done...Im doing my second 5km,race next week....what was your finish time?

58:45 finishing time. I walked the 5K
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great achievement.

Find your local ParkRun at www.parkrun.com for a free, friendly, weekly, timed 5k where everyone is welcome.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well done mine was 55 mins walk/run.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Well done!! I am doing my 1st one this coming Saturday.
  • kaleylynnt
    Options
    Way to go!!! It's addicting, once you complete your first one you just want to keep going :)
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Doing my first 5K next Sunday...nervous but excited!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Well done on your first...and to hear that you have more planned is a boost for me. I have my 1st coming up next Saturday the 12th and I'm nervous, beginning to think I'm overstepping my confidence level, maybe I shouldn't do it... To hear everyone else here doing it, I'm sticking with my plan.

GREAT success story!!
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I completed my first 5k over Labor Day, and agree that they are addicting! Seems like they have one every weekend right now. We are signed up for a Superheroes vs. Villians one in a few weeks, and then an Ugly Sweater 5k for the holidays! I end up walking/running with my double-stroller, so its a bonus workout for me too.

Good luck on your future runs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!