Slim in 6: In Need of Accountability!

Options
Hi! My name is Amelia and I am starting Slim in 6 today! I am pretty excited but also nervous because I always start off excited and lose the excitement way before I lose any weight. I am looking for anyone one who is already doing Slim in 6, is looking to start, or who is willing to help keep me accountable to actually sticking with it. It's going to be gruesome for me because I hate to exercise but this weight has to come off! I want to fit in my clothes again instead of trying to hide in my clothes! I am at about 145 now and I want to get to about 125 at least by the end of this. Anyone interested? :)

Replies

• varsha321
    Options
    Hey Amelia!

Im Varsha, I have about 30ish pounds to lose. Im exactly like, Im really excited about doing these programs but I fall off the wagon quickly. This time around its going to change! I started Slim in 6 on September 24, today was officially Day 4. Doing this together will definitely help us stay on track!
  • ThatGirlTB
    ThatGirlTB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm Teiana. I just finished the first phase of Slim in 6 and Monday I'll be starting Ramp it Up. I'm super excited that I actually got through the first phase. It's a great program and I'm excited that other people are doing it too!
  • ameliaschrock
    Options
    Yay! I am so glad that other people are doing it too! How have you guys felt about it? Teiana, have you seen any results so far? I have been doing bad with the food.... are you following the meal plan?
  • ThatGirlTB
    ThatGirlTB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so glad that other people are doing it too! How have you guys felt about it? Teiana, have you seen any results so far? I have been doing bad with the food.... are you following the meal plan?

Hey! How are my Slim in 6 ladies doing?!
    Amelia, I have been trying to stay away from the scale while I do Slim in 6 and save that for the very last day. It's so tough though, but I'm trying. Little things have been showing me that the program is working for me. The first day I could barely do a push-up and now I can do 10-15 without stopping. Some of my clothes have been fitting a bit looser as well. Today, during Ramp it Up my workout shorts that were a little tight three weeks ago started to slide down my butt, haha. Just keep at it and you'll see results too.

Slim in 6 is such a great workout, but sometimes it is sooooo boring! Am I the only one that feels that way? The first couple of days my legs were in so much pain. My quads were on fire. I swear Debbie is obsessed with squats and leg work. I kept reminding myself of why I started the journey in the first place and I got better and better at the workouts. I felt so happy when I got through Start it Up without stopping and I finally "mastered" it.

I'm not really following Debbie's meal plan. Mainly because I have the old version of Slim in 6 and kind of lost my meal plan way back when. Sooooo, I just eat "good" foods and drink a lot, a lot, a lot of water. I'm not going to lie, I eat bad foods sometimes on my rest days so I'm not judging :-). I just try not to go overboard with the junk food and I've been fine.

I know that was kind of a lot to read so sorry lol
  • nataliebrown80
    nataliebrown80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi all! i just started slim in 6 today. i also get extremely bored doing the same thing everyday . so, my plan is to do the dvds sunday, tuesday, thursday and possibly saturday (we'll see about that, tho). i've actually been hitting the gym nearly everyday since the middle of august, using the elliptical and treadmill for about 45-50 minutes. i haven't lost a pound doing the cardio alone, so i decided to throw in the slim in 6. i still plan on going to the gym on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

i did the first workout today (start it up) and plan on doing it for a week. next sunday i'll start with the second workout (ramp it up). we're heading out on vacation from the 26th to the 1st and i'm hoping i can jump back into ramp it up when we get home (fingers crossed)

i'd love to see how everyone is doing with the program! it keeps me motivated when i see other people having sucess