Waht kind of HRM do you use?

Options
What kind of HRM do you use? I just went out and bought a Mio if anyone has any info on it plz share I would greatly appreciate it!! I have been here on MFP for a while now and I normally base my cals burned from the fittlinxx machine at the YMCA and was a little concerned about accuracy so that's why I thought it was time to invest in a HRM but wasn't sure which one to get. I don't think I will like the ones with the chest strap as I think they will make me feel to confined if you have one of those types how does that work for you as well?

Replies

• queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4F. It's really easy to use with easy input of weight and height details as well as clear displays so that you can see if you're in the fat burning zone or not. It does use a chest strap but I haven't found it a problem (although it took me a couple of days to realise that I could adjust it! LOL) In fact it's surprisingly comfortable as the monitor itself sits well in the middle of the chest so it's not noticeable to others. It wasn't the most expensive one either which was an added bonus - I think all I'd gain for the extra money would be monitoring the information online but I can do that on MPF anyway!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've a Polar too not sure of the type but it is set for my stats & uses a chest band - I've never found it constricting it kinda just sits there ........mind you I do have enough of a tummy to keep it from falling down:blushing: :laugh:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thank you all for the info it seems I haven't made the best choice and I will be returning this tomm for the polar watch instead and see how the strap will work for me!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I've a Polar too not sure of the type but it is set for my stats & uses a chest band - I've never found it constricting it kinda just sits there ........mind you I do have enough of a tummy to keep it from falling down:blushing: :laugh:

I guess I should be able to hold mines up just fine as well!!!:laugh:
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    I have a polar f11 that I love. It has this own zone thing that measures my resting heart rate for a more accurate calorie burn. Do some research online before you buy, there are so many options. If you can go to a decent running sports shop and get advice. Spend a little more to get what you need.