holidays n pressure to lose the last 5 lbs

Options
Pumpkin pie, and more baked goods and all those freaking temptations coming over for 3 months of HELL. :sad: :sad: Yes, we all have control and I have overall good habits. I am feeling more pressure to lose the last 5 pounds before the holidays. I have had too many injuries (baker’s cyst from cardio, due to arthritis on my knee) this year and still struggling with the last 5 ponds. Some inconsistency too on my diet and I have little to lose.

Anyone feeling the 5 pound lost pressure too?

Share you thoughts....:blushing:

Replies

• sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have four to lose before November....so lets buckle down and do it!!!! We can do this right?
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The sad news these 5 pounds will be 5 extra if I don't get a handle of this. I need to continue the consistency and focus and apply all my healthy habits!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    who's pressuring you?
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 5-10 lbs too... And I've been avoiding weighing myself since I've been in a bit of a slump!
    It's so easy to get stuck in a rut where you just don't care as much diet and exercise wise. I'll struggle to get to the gym (or workout at home if I have to) 3x a week, and then just eat a little too much when I get home from work (and "forget" to log it, lol). It adds up!

I'm not really looking forward to those few weeks of homemade goodies (they get so offended when you say 'no'!) and tempting treats strewn about. I might bring some of my own goodies I KNOW are 'safe' to eat when I have to. Sipping on tea or coffee a lot keeps your hands full as well and gives you a bit of an excuse to hold off. I have also brought my workout gear in the past when visiting family, and just gone out for walks or runs when I can. Also, take up any chance you can to exercise! We'll often go outside and skate or sit around the campfire to chat. If anything, being outside keeps your mind off the fridge ;P

Good luck! I know I'll need it too :S
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    who's pressuring you?

Me myself and I :blushing: Holidays I do consume more treats and more fatty foods and harder to lose weight, just my personal opinion ...
  • michellechawner
    Options
    why do you feel pressured?

And Ahhh the joys of gluten intolerance - not many baked goods for me!

Just try and stay active, and keep an eye on the calories in the holiday foods and keep exercise to balance it out.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I'm on my last 5-10 lbs too... And I've been avoiding weighing myself since I've been in a bit of a slump!
    It's so easy to get stuck in a rut where you just don't care as much diet and exercise wise. I'll struggle to get to the gym (or workout at home if I have to) 3x a week, and then just eat a little too much when I get home from work (and "forget" to log it, lol). It adds up!

I'm not really looking forward to those few weeks of homemade goodies (they get so offended when you say 'no'!) and tempting treats strewn about. I might bring some of my own goodies I KNOW are 'safe' to eat when I have to. Sipping on tea or coffee a lot keeps your hands full as well and gives you a bit of an excuse to hold off. I have also brought my workout gear in the past when visiting family, and just gone out for walks or runs when I can. Also, take up any chance you can to exercise! We'll often go outside and skate or sit around the campfire to chat. If anything, being outside keeps your mind off the fridge ;P

Good luck! I know I'll need it too :S

I have overall good eating habits n exercise routine except for these 2 past months due to an injury. The problem is losing my last 5 pounds before 1st holiday, Thanksgiving. I am going to watch my calories and I just want to lose the last 5 pounds soon. If I only had a magic pill. :sad: Cheers to the last 5 pounds club. I am glad I am not alone…
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    why do you feel pressured?

And Ahhh the joys of gluten intolerance - not many baked goods for me!

Just try and stay active, and keep an eye on the calories in the holiday foods and keep exercise to balance it out.

Love simplicity approach. Skipping breakfast and more veggies please. Thank you!! Now, Let me put this into practice, right?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As if anyone is actually going to notice. "Oh I see you didn't lose that last 5 pounds, you look absolutely horrible," said nobody ever.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I have overall good eating habits n exercise routine except for these 2 past months due to an injury. The problem is losing my last 5 pounds before 1st holiday, Thanksgiving. I am going to watch my calories and I just want to lose the last 5 pounds soon. If I only had a magic pill. :sad: Cheers to the last 5 pounds club. I am glad I am not alone…

Definitely not alone! And I just thought I'd say, I think you look amazing from what I can see in your profile pic. I've always wanted a flat stomach like that! *high five* :D
  • bikinisuited
    Options

Definitely not alone! And I just thought I'd say, I think you look amazing from what I can see in your profile pic. I've always wanted a flat stomach like that! *high five* :D

Well, thank you for such a nice compliment. Very sweet of you. You can do this, 5 pounds is a challenge but never impossible, right?
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I find I enjoy the ocassional sweet high calorie indulgence more if I really limit it. So over the holidays I don't plan on noshing on every sugary treat that comes my way. I shoot for letting myself have about two full servings of dessert a week. Same for alcohol limit that to three drinks a week and this time of year save that for special dinners, parties, etc.

Really it's not the actual holiday meals that makes people gain it's the eight weeks of sweets. I no longer indulge in egg nog lattes or pumpkins scones like I used to unless they fit into my treat pattern as above. Stay awary halloween cookies and candy!

I was at goal weight and now I'm up four pounds so losing that now.....
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I tend to gain 5-8 pounds during the holidays. I got serious January 2, 2013 and actually managed to lose 10/12 pounds slowly and surely in 6 months. Injuries, travel, and general hedonism have been eroding my habits and logging over the past 2 months or so. I have been in a motivation slump, and I'm afraid that if i don't get the fire back under my booty I'm going to end up on January 2 2014 starting over all over again. Part of the slump for me is that i'm actually pretty happy at this weight and have been more in maintenance mode, but I want to get the last 5-10 off so I have some holiday wiggle room!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Really good advice.
    I work in public policy, so the non-stop social life gives me an opportunity for cocktails, receptions, etc. almost every night for 3 months. I think limiting the drinks to once or twice a week will be a big help to me.
    I find I enjoy the ocassional sweet high calorie indulgence more if I really limit it. So over the holidays I don't plan on noshing on every sugary treat that comes my way. I shoot for letting myself have about two full servings of dessert a week. Same for alcohol limit that to three drinks a week and this time of year save that for special dinners, parties, etc.

Really it's not the actual holiday meals that makes people gain it's the eight weeks of sweets. I no longer indulge in egg nog lattes or pumpkins scones like I used to unless they fit into my treat pattern as above. Stay awary halloween cookies and candy!

• bikinisuited
    Options
    Really good advice.
    I work in public policy, so the non-stop social life gives me an opportunity for cocktails, receptions, etc. almost every night for 3 months. I think limiting the drinks to once or twice a week will be a big help to me.

Believe I walk away from these treats often and carry my veggie sticks. But sometimes I am not as successful as other days, I blame it on TOM. Feeling great to hear that we all struggle and those 5 pounds need to go away before they are combined with 10 lbs...
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 5 too, and have had a pretty hard time. At this point any little splurge seems to keep me at maintenance.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Nope. Gonna start my bulk for the holidays so it coincides nicely. Might as well use the season to my advantage instead of trying to work against it.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Any others who is serious about the last 5 pounds, send me a message? We can kick butt together!!!