"Boot Camp" Classes - How Many Calories Burned??

I just started a class tonight that is a small group style, boot camp class. 60 minutes of cardio and strength training. I don't have a cardio monitor, etc. so I am trying to get a basic idea. 200 calories? I was sweating like a hog, and I am already SORE. Thoughts?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    I would say "Calisthenics" either heavy duty or moderate. Also account for the rest periods during the boot camp.
  • healthyjean
    healthyjean Posts: 2 Member
    I wore my heart rate monitor for my boot camp and it spit out between 550 - 700 calories burned (I weigh 195 pounds) - the key is to keep my heart rate around 155 - 175 for the entire 50 minute class. Only bummer is when we stop for water breaks after every third circuit around, my heart drops really fast and I have to get it back up. (Which in those classes doesn't seem to be a challenge for me at all - it kicks my butt!!) I hope that helps, but your size/weight and heart rate are the variables...perhaps your instructor will let you borrow a hr monitor for a session?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    I log it under aerobic - high impact. It's about 500 calories. It does all depend on the class and the teacher, but if you were sweating that hard But if they focus more on strength training then I log it as calisthenics heavy duty..about 600 cals for an hour.

Great job! I love the boot camp classes! I have a body sculpt class tomorrow that I'm looking forward too. The instructer about kills us...with a smail too! lol
  • Nubianzim
    Nubianzim Posts: 1
    I put it under circuit training, general
  • vickybb313
    vickybb313 Posts: 1 Member
    I just calculated the calories burned here:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=64

For my body weight I've burned 696cal in 1 hour class :)
  • ashh889
    ashh889 Posts: 1
    I believe about 200-300