Pain and cravings

Options
This post is about our monthly friend. I have another doctors appointment, but as of right now my doctors are just telling me I am just luckily blessed with very severe cramps and really really heavy bleeding. Tonight I was only to do a really light workout of walking for 10 minutes and like 5 pushups. It totally sucks. Can anybody give me any advice to help coping with this pain and heavy flow because I want to work out but the first two days I can go through almost a whole box of tampons it's so bad. Again any ideas how to deal with this and on how to deal with the cravings that come with a period. :frown:

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I used to be there, girl! So I know exactly how you are feeling. With my food changes and exercise, my period has lightened up A LOT and now thankfully only lasts 3 days. I don't get the cramps as severely anymore, but I still do get cravings like crazy. Green tea always does the trick for me when it comes to the cramps AND cravings. Sipping a hot cup of it with a couple of lemon slices really works. And I still do my workout, even if I feel like complete crap. Halfway through a workout I really start feeling better. It's true what our old gym teachers would say "Exercise is the best medicine".

I crave sugar when it's that time of the month. So I indulge in some dark chocolate(a square or two) or apple slices with peanut butter, trail mix, granola, etc. I try to find healthier alternatives to cure that craving.

Good luck and hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • marsbarsx0
    Options
    have you tried any form of birth control? (provided you're not actively trying to get pregnant)... any hormonal birth control has an added benefit of regulating your period and decreasing cramping and bleeding during your time of the month. also, there's much more than just the pill out there if you have trouble remembering to take one everyday.