Roasted vegetables - 1 cup is only 123 calories.

Options
As a vegetarian it's important I had to color to my diet - but as most of you know you can eat a million veggies for pretty low calorie while getting all those good nutrients you need.

Roasted vegetables - 1 cup is only 123 calories.

1 small butternut squash, cubed
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
1 red onion, quartered
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper

See http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted-Vegetables/Detail.aspx for instructions. (I love this site!)

Enjoy!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, sounds yummy
  • ShellBelle76
    Options
    I love roasted veggies!! I'm a vegetarian too. Almost a year now. :)
    I'll have to try this because I never thought to use Balsamic Vinegar. Thanks for sharing this.
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    I am not vegetarian but my daughter and her boyfriend are and they are coming to visit in a couple weeks. I try to eat what they eat when they are around. thanks for posting that it sound really good.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    We do this in a basket on the BBQ - Less oil though, about equal parts with the vinegar, and usually sub eggplant and zucchini for the squash and potatoes. Makes it even lighter and still quite filling. We use it as a substitute for a hamburger and serve it on foccacia topped with a little homemade creamy jalapeno "aioli" (light sour cream, roasted jalapeno pepper and roasted garlic in the food processor) and shredded lettuce and fresh tomato slices. So filling and delicious!!