Think You Are Too Big For c25k? That's What I Thought. Too.

Options
13»

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Congratulations, you should absolutely be proud of your accomplishment!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That is great! You are an inspiration to me! I keep putting off the C2 5K because of my weight (I wanted to get to Onederland first) but you've proven it can be done. Thank you.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I was so self conscious about running in front of others while panting like a dog that I started C25k in the winter and ran late at night with my very patient husband. I don't run very far and I don't run very fast outside sprints but I can run. Me, who said the only way I'd ever run is if I was chased by a sabre toothed tiger. Truth was I never thought I could do it so I snidely dismissed it.

This place is so encouraging as far as trying new things. I love reading success stories like yours :-) Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is incredibly motivating. Thanks for sharing!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Alright OP, I was so inspired I did Day 1 tonight after work!

Thanks!
  • tcmeltdown
    tcmeltdown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I am 347lbs and I will be starting it soon myself.
  • newatbritt
    newatbritt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I stopped for a few weeks (I needed better shoes, my feet were burning), but, I picked up tonight at Week 3. I felt good enough to run at 7 pm just as the sun was setting. I was previously running at 9 pm so no one would see me. I did it tonight in compression pants. I barely made the last 3 minutes, but, I did it. And several cars passed and I couldn't care less. So thank you for posting this. I am scared of going 5 minutes next week but, I have hope thanks to you.