Not feeling hungry after a gym session... is that "normal"?

Options
I generally go to gym after finishing work. I can comfortably do an hour or so, and when I get home, not feel hungry.
Is this normal?

Replies

• sabur
    sabur Posts: 13
    Options
    My appetite is always lower right after working out... but the next day is a completely different story haha.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My appetite is always less after I work out.
    I tend to make up for it the next day, though
  • marita_mimi
    marita_mimi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yes, you put your body through the stress
    you should be hungry at least an hour later,but maybe not, depending on your metabolism, and plus its probably later in the day when you come home so i wouldn't be surprised you have no appetite at all.
    def have some food when you feel less 'full'

i have the same thing, sometimes I dont feel like eating at all, specially when my workout is so tough it makes me sick..but..at least a protein smoothie is a good opt
  • glamasjr
    glamasjr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It would depend on your diet, if you're doing things right nutritionwise then you're doing good. You are obviously not starving yourself. Keep it up.
  • scarlettpower
    scarlettpower Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've always had a lower appetite after working out. Thought I was weird but happy to see its a normal reaction. I still try to eat though.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I usually just need a light snack in the evening when I get home from the gym. Have my main meal mid-afternoon. If I don't have that little snack late, though, I wake up really hungry the next morning and can be a bit snacky. So I try to have some fruit and yogurt or some veggies and hummus about an hour after my workout.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    very normal. you'll find the more intense it is the less hungry you are
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    I always end up eating less on my work out days. I just make sure I have my post workout drink, and I don't really care if I end up under my calorie goal for that day. I just make it up on other days.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't normally feel hungry until hours after a gym session.

I think everyone may be slightly different, and that is normal.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It takes me about an hour after a workout for me to feel hungry! Completely normal :wink:
  • rusty01hc
    Options
    Last night I spent 1.5 hours on the cross trainer, which equated to about 15km and supposedly 1500 calories.
    I wasnt hungry afterwards, but ate an orange anyway... That left me very content...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I don't feel hungry, but once I start eating, it's on!
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    very normal. you'll find the more intense it is the less hungry you are

True for me !
    I feel less hungry after interval !