Please can you help me?

Options
Hiya everyone,

I am new on here and looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully also sharing some bits about me.

At the moment I am doing some research and could really use your help.
I am just looking for an honest answer to this question:

What is your biggest single frustration around your weight right now?
I look forward to reading your responses.

Ange :-)

Replies

• 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Knowing what I need to do to lose the weight, but unable to have the will power to stick with it!
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed that my weight is where it is at because I didn't take corrective action sooner. I never took exercise or healthy eating seriously and now I am finding it a much harder/longer process than I would have if I had given this a red hot go 2 -4 years ago.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Having to adjust my lifestyle to low carb,for medical reasons. It's difficult,and by difficult I mean almost impossible. I can't seem to lose the weight and keep it off otherwise. I want to see more obvious results already!!! haha :smile: I guess that would make the answer, my impatience. :laugh:
  • a302b188
    Options
    Hey guys! Let me help you by sharing the tips I used to lose 90 pounds. Recipes, workouts, etc. https://www.facebook.com/AleysVirtualGym
  • rayannekruse
    rayannekruse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is that everytime i get on a good track I have a weekend away and it is impossible to maintain it seems. I have been stuck in the mid to low 170's for about 7 months now.
  • nisia915
    nisia915 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wanting everything at once. I am planning my wedding. I am taking Organic Chem (lecture and a lab)and Calculus and I'm working 30 hrs a week. I want to go to pharmacy school but I'm frustrated that splitting myself up so much is preventing me from focusing on my health. No time to exercise AND do homework. I want to go running again but it is so much easier to get those few more hours of sleep in.
  • eh_its_sarah
    eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • eh_its_sarah
    eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is that everytime i get on a good track I have a weekend away and it is impossible to maintain it seems. I have been stuck in the mid to low 170's for about 7 months now.

I feel you! (about the weekends as well as weight!)
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I wish I had paid more attention to making sure my injuries healed properly as a young ruffian. lol I am at a point where I really want to exercise more, but everything hurts.

I am working more in, but it's slow going. Various old ligament injuries (especially an elbow and an ankle), a mild hernia, bursitis in both heels, plantar fasciitis in one foot, two herniated discs, sciatica, and assorted remnants from a car accident - many of which are exacerbated by my weight - make it hard to be super motivated about exercising, just because I dread the pain.

I have been doing a lot more physical work this Summer after several years at a desk job (deep housecleaning, consisting of scrubbing walls and ceilings, climbing up and down ladders washing windows and cleaning out cupboards, etc; roofing; unloading packages as a courier,although there's a lot of driving, too; gardening; cleaning out a garage in preparation for an estate sale....). So that's all helping.

I take an occasional walk, though not enough. And I play a bit with some strength training, which I keep saying I'm going to do more of. I did some tonight, though! Yay for me!

I am losing weight, though, and my clothes are definitely fitting more loosely. There is good progress and I feel good about it. I just really need to start incorporating more strength training and I'd like to do a little more cardio as well.

But everyone has challenges and I don't want to make excuses. I just need to make more time to do whatever I can and build on it. I do think that as I build strength, get more fit, and lose weight, I will also begin to feel better to some degree. I just don't want to hurt anything any worse than it is! :/
  • Tania4955
    Tania4955 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Impatience.....I've never worked so hard doing anything like this....and it's certainly going well....but I want obvious results to my efforts NOW! It doesn't work that way though, but it is working.