Love it! Good for you!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    woohoo that is AWESOME!! Well done! :smile:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Completely awesome! In brief, what was your "secret"? What kept you going when things got tough and/or you got tired (if that happened)? I've seen lots of posts in the last few days from mfp members who are struggling with "motivation" so please share your thoughts. Great job!
  • SandiMarieC
    SandiMarieC Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh so awesome!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Completely awesome! In brief, what was your "secret"? What kept you going when things got tough and/or you got tired (if that happened)? I've seen lots of posts in the last few days from mfp members who are struggling with "motivation" so please share your thoughts. Great job!

Well, I've certainly had my motivation issues over the last few years - I originally lost 95 lbs following a Weight Watchers-style, calorie-controlled diet, but after 2 years I just couldn't take the day-on-day calorie restriction any more and I fell off the wagon, putting 48 lbs back on.

Then, at the start of this year, I discovered 5:2 eating and I've never looked back since. For the first time ever, I've had no real problems losing weight this time and motivation hasn't been an issue - motivation is easy if you're almost always losing wight, or at least feel that you're in control. I'm sure that 5:2 fasting isn't for everyone, but it's been a revelation to me.

The three big things I've learned this time though are:

1. Don't eat too little. As I upped my exercise levels, my weight loss slowed and I realised I needed to eat back most of my exercise calories. Once I did that, the weight loss continued.

2. Exercise to eat more. I like eating(!) but I've learned that my normal lifestyle results in a much lower than average TDEE - which I now realise is why in the past I've always had to eat very little in order to lose weight. I've now found that by exercising pretty much every day, I can make my TDEE more 'average', and then eat back those calories (I aim to eat back 2/3rds of them, to avoid over-estimates).

3. Eat more of what you like. I avoid most traditional 'diet-type' foods like the plague and try to just eat stuff that I like (while obviously watching the calories too). So my diet contains lots of spicy curries and even the occasional take-away - life is for enjoying, so there's no way you can keep motivated on a perpetual diet of Ryvita and "rabbit food"...
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Twelvesticks, as others have said you're an inspiration to all of us, especially the 5:2ers amongst us!
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awsome.
    Intresting Journey you have been through.
    I found also very intresting (sure the weight loss) the knowledge you developped about your own body. This is priceless.
    Also found some new ideas here. Never heared of the 5:2 fasting before. So will have to do some reaserch about it :-)

Keep the good work
  • StrawMouse
    StrawMouse Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! An incredible result - as well as the weight loss, you really look healthy.

I think item 3 on your list is the key to keeping it going - it makes health part of a good life.
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Totally a rock star!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, well done!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Totally inspirational, well done!
  • natty1408
    natty1408 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing. : D
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You must feel amazing :)
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Congrats on your hard work and dedication!!
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ROCK STAR! Great job!!!
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • johngypsy
    johngypsy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. You made my day.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look fantastic!!!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!