I Haven't Lost Any Weight From 3 Months.

Options
Hi, I did a thread before 2 weeks.
I did try TDEE %20 method.
Didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong like I workout everyday for an hour I eat grilled food I exercise 1 hour everyday cycling or running on treadmill.
I weigh what I eat.
I use cups when I eat something like rice so I can know the calories.
I haven't lost any inches.

I did lose before like 20 pounds but now I can't lose 1 pound.
Please help.

Replies

• sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Let me have a look at your diary and I could help?
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As per your last topic...5 days ago.... you posted you don't have a HRM so you could be over estimating calories burned, therefore eating those back and you could be eating maintenance.

Give it longer than 5 days.

weigh everything (using a scale, not cups), get a HRM and have patience.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong like I workout everyday for an hour I eat grilled food I exercise 1 hour everyday cycling or running on treadmill.
    I weigh what I eat.

Please help.

2 weeks isnt long enough
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you said "I did try TDEE %20 method. Didn't work" so that simply means you were still eating too much. Calorie calculators like MFP and all the others out there are giving you "best guesses" and they are not 100% right.

No matter what I, MFP or anyone else tells you - you're going to have to find out thru trial and error exactly how much you need to eat to lose weight so if you weren't losing on TDEE minus %20 then...

1. that simply was a too high amount (or you put in the wrong numbers when calculating) OR...
    2. you are not tracking the food you eat properly

You also said you lost 20 pounds. are you saying you currently lost 20 pounds or just lost 20 pounds in the past? if you currently lost 20 pounds then you defintely need to eat even less to keep losing fat (OR increase your activity)

For exercise...

1 hour daily is good enough to lose weight but lets be honest here... if you can do something daily for an hour then how intense is it? find a workout (like intervals - see the rules nowloss.com/8) that will kick your *kitten* so bad that you'll only want to do it for 20-to-40 min 3-4 days a week
  • DarkLuca
    DarkLuca Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As per your last topic...5 days ago.... you posted you don't have a HRM so you could be over estimating calories burned, therefore eating those back and you could be eating maintenance.

I'm not lying..
    I was doing it before the topic..
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I'm not lying..

I'm not saying you were lying.

I'm saying 5 days ago a host of people gave you suggestions, including myself, and you have only given it 5 days before you have created a new topic about still not losing weight.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    Yes, I lost 20 pounds in the past, I got that website which calculate my TDEE.

Its says I should eat 2300 calories a day to lose weight.

You can check for me.

Male.
    19 Years old.
    101kg.
    5"9
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

This.

Also, try using http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to see what your food intake should be. Not sure about the one you mentioned in your previous thread, but this one is very popular.
  • DarkLuca
    Options

I'm not lying..

I'm not saying you were lying.

I'm saying 5 days ago a host of people gave you suggestions, including myself, and you have only given it 5 days before you have created a new topic about still not losing weight.

Will, I'm sorry I just feel disappointed when I see the scale doesn't move when I do everything that I can.
    Since it hasn't changed for a long time every week seems like a failure.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    Bump.
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh what I eat.

Please help.

Have you recalculated your TDEE since you have lost all that weight?

The TDEE is partially based upon your current weight. Your weight goes down, your TDEE goes down. Usually it is recommended to recal every I think 10 lbs. It might be time to recal your and adjust your intake accordingly.

Good luck!
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    The 20 pounds I lost was over a year ago, Then I gave up and from 3-5 months ago been trying to lose weight.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i usually recommend a range of 1200-to-2000 to lose weight but generally to lose weight over 2000 cals per day = you have to be real active or extremely overweight but in your case...

it's obivous that 2300 is too much so i would at least try a 2000-to-2300 range for 5-to-10 days but if you're smart - go ahead and do a 1800-to-2000 calorie range right now
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2300 calories per day to LOSE weight seems a bit high. Also, if you are doing the TDEE-20% method, you cannot eat back your exercise calories or you will not lose weight.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    I know, 2300 seemed high to me also, But a lot of people say use the TDEE method %20 which is 2300 calories for me.
    I think I should try 1800 calories now I guess?
    And I wasn't eating back exercise calories.
    Thanks
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Why dont you wait a little longer?

I started my TDEE less 20% a month ago, I have only seen a .5kg scale loss.
    But my measurements are going down.

Are you weighing yourself or measuring or taking pics to see any progress?

Have some more patience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

You need to weigh everything. You're probably eating more than you think.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    I don't know what to do now, Should I wait or go for 1800 calories instead of 2300?
    And yes I did measure and weigh my self I said it before.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to do now, Should I wait or go for 1800 calories instead of 2300?
    And yes I did measure and weigh my self I said it before.

It took me 4 weeks to see the scale move when I switched to TDEE-15% and lifting...

A 19 year old young man needs some food...(trust me I have one) instead of being drastic and going to 1800 (which is what I will be eating probably next week if not sooner) try 2100...but do it for longer then 2 weeks.

and stop using "cups" use a kitchen scale....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think