Cruddy products paid for???

Options
Is anyone else having this problem? It has been the last four months or so... There has been a DEFINITE change in the quality of products I have purchased. This is not from the stores, but companies. I'm getting so annoyed! These are products that I have used for years and store inside my home. Each of these products are "hidden" in a packed container as if the "bad items" are now being shoved to the public for them to eat up the cost of the crappy normally tossed out items.

~ Bought a container of sodas in a box, all of them were flat and damaged. ALL of them!

~ Bought a box package of fruits, two of the Del Monte fruits were damaged with the "pop" seal broken.

~ Toothpaste with no seal on the cap

~ Softscrub with the bottom have useless because it did not have enough liquid in it, even watering it down did not fix.

~ Starkist Tuna the other day, was the snack package and the tuna was BROWN on the top! YUCK!

There are several more I have gone through. I'm starting to feel that there is about $10 with each grocery trip of bad products that I simply can't use.

Is it just me, the area, or the overall changes that the economy is going through???

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having this problem? It has been the last four months or so... There has been a DEFINITE change in the quality of products I have purchased. This is not from the stores, but companies. I'm getting so annoyed! These are products that I have used for years and store inside my home. Each of these products are "hidden" in a packed container as if the "bad items" are now being shoved to the public for them to eat up the cost of the crappy normally tossed out items.

~ Bought a container of sodas in a box, all of them were flat and damaged. ALL of them!

~ Bought a box package of fruits, two of the Del Monte fruits were damaged with the "pop" seal broken.

~ Toothpaste with no seal on the cap

~ Softscrub with the bottom have useless because it did not have enough liquid in it, even watering it down did not fix.

~ Starkist Tuna the other day, was the snack package and the tuna was BROWN on the top! YUCK!

There are several more I have gone through. I'm starting to feel that there is about $10 with each grocery trip of bad products that I simply can't use.

Is it just me, the area, or the overall changes that the economy is going through???
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Haven't noticed it myself--no problems here BUT I have noticed that nothing tastes good when we go out to eat anymore. Not sure if quality has dropped or we're just used to the "good home cooked healthy" stuff now.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    As things start to cost more companies will start to cut corners.
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I too have noticed that the quality of products has gone down. I'm a complainer though, I will call the company and tell them exactly what is wrong and that I am not satisfied. More often than not they will refund you your money and give you coupons toward future purchases. It takes a little bit of time, but at least you are voicing your opinion and getting your money back. I used to keep quiet, but not anymore!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this a bit, too.

The disturbing trend I'm starting to notice is that stores aren't stocking their shelves. There are a few items that are staples for me that the stores never seem to have in stock. Add that to the fact that the prices are going up, and it's starting to really frustrate me. I actually had a trip last week (granted there were only five items on my list) where I left the store completely empty-handed.

My husband has the theory that with money getting tight, people are eating at home more, and the store ordering hasn't caught up yet. :grumble:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Make sure that whatever you do, save it and take it back to the store you got it from, your money SHOULD be returned. Times are tough for almost all of us, so make sure you don't throw your money in the garbage.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel the same way! I can't remember all the bad products I have purchased... but here's a few I remember...

-gardenburger original patties-one had MOLD on it. and they're frozen!
    -country gravy mix I bought for the hubby had a hole in it and leaked all over on the way home
    -box of asian noodles had spearmint gum INSIDE the box
    -a box of smart ones calzones had one opened/partially wrapped calzone
  • mommyagain
    mommyagain Posts: 28
    Options
    I have had the same problem with the soft scrub! It really irritated me...:mad: