Hit my September goal!

Options
MisConway
MisConway Posts: 25 Member
I made a goal at the end of August that I would lose 5 lbs/month until February. This would put me at a loss of 35 pounds just in time for our trip to Mexico. This goal is a big deal for me for a couple of reasons:

1. It is REALISTIC and does not involve any past disordered eating or exercising. It is not a “quick fix”, and allows for fluctuations throughout the month.
2. It is slow and steady, which means it has a better chance of being long lasting.
3. The last time my husband and I went to Mexico was in 2007 after I had lost 98 pounds following the birth of kid #1. I weighed 142 at the time. Fast forward 6 years and 2 more kids, and I have never weighed 142 since that vacation. I became pregnant right after (In Mexico actually!) with #2 and could not get down past 150 after that. Then in 2011 we had #3 and I have been stuck between 152-164 ever since.
4. I am really staying open minded about this goal. A loss of 35 pounds would put me at 123 pounds in February. While I think that would be a good place to be, I understand that I might not hit that point. So I am going into this with the idea that my goal can be modified. If I am at 140 and feeling great, maybe my goal changes to more toning, increasing my run pace, etc…

Well, today I exceeded my September goal! I lost 6 pounds in the month of September, .75” off of each thigh, 1” off of each bicep, 1” off of my bust, and 1” off of my both my natural waist and around my belly button.

What have I been doing? I am a long distance runner, so I have been training for two 10 mile races and a half marathon. I actually just beat my PR by 7 min at my 10 mile two weeks ago, I was ecstatic about it! My season ends in October so I plan on beginning a 12 week weight lifting/HIIT program in November that will take me through February, while also maintaining 1 weekly long run that I love.

I have been logging food as often as I can, being sure to stay around the 1200 calorie mark. Honestly, some days I am not that hungry and don’t take in more than 1150, but most days I am between 1200-1350. I do not feel deprived at that mark. I have tried higher caloric, higher fat, Paleo/Primal type stuff in the past and gained 10 pounds in 1 month. My family eats well. High in produce and meats, low in processed food. I cook 90% of our meals. Also, I am not a big drinker so limiting alcohol to 1 drink a week, or sometimes 1-3 drinks at a party 1x/month is not a big deal for me. I have stopped adding additional salt to food. I drink at least 16 glasses of water/day, often 20. Water is the only thing I drink, besides coffee.

I am in grad school in addition to working, being a wife, and having 3 kids, so I don’t get to work out every day, more like 4-5 days/week and I DO NOT beat myself up over it like I used to.

I am feeling motivated for October and ready to take down another 5! My other goal for October is NO DESSERTS, NOT EVEN ONE. I am not getting rid of all sugar, because sometimes a Chobani yogurt is my treat in the afternoon, but no desserts. This will keep me from picking at the baked goods people leave in the kitchen at work, and also keep me away from all of that Halloween candy! Good luck with your October goals everyone!

(For those of you interested, I am 5’7, SW 158, CW 152)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!