hungryyyyy

Options
I had a really bad week last week, but I got back on track yesterday.

I had a fritatta with a TON of veggies, lowfat cheese, and turkey sausage; a mini whole wheat bagel with laughing cow cream cheese; and fruit (Italian prunes/plums and an orange) for breakfast.

Lunch was homemade hummus, whole wheat pita, carrots, snow peas, grape tomatoes, celery, and broccoli. I also had a cactus pear.

My snack was a 2% Cherry Fage yogurt and an apple.

Dinner was Chicken and Broccoli casserole, sauteed beet greens with half a tablespoon of coconut oil, roasted beets, and some seeds of life quinoa and brown rice with garlic.

I was almost unable to finish dinner because the volume of food was insane, but five minutes later, I was starving again. I'm talking stomach growling hunger. I decided to go on a walk because I knew I just ate, and I figured I should give myself some time for my body to realize I was full.

It didn't help. I started to feel a little dizzy and light-headed. I easily ate close to 1,500 calories yesterday, but I was absolutely starving after eating. I ended up binging on Sun Chips and Lucky Charms in a moment of weakness. I was SO hungry.

Even today, I've had some overnight oats made with greek yogurt, berries, and ground flax and nuts for breakfast like yesterday, I've been drinking water nonstop, but I'm SOOOOO hungry.

I don't know what to do! I just want to eat and eat and eat. I'm so frustrated! How can I be so hungry after eating a full day's worth of food?

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're just not really thirsty?
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    oooh, i get this, and you know what it is...mental. And by that i mean, when i think im depriving myself or about to be deprived of all my favourite things, my head goes into 'eat eat eat'' mode. Or, i'm ovulating (another hungry time for me).
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    oooh, i get this, and you know what it is...mental. And by that i mean, when i think im depriving myself or about to be deprived of all my favourite things, my head goes into 'eat eat eat'' mode. Or, i'm ovulating (another hungry time for me).

Mostly this. Tough it out because you ate a good amount of good food during the day.
  • Knsclptr30
    Options
    Laughing cow is not the best brand and low fat diary is not healthy
  • Knsclptr30
    Options
    Investigate the different factors : are you getting back to weight training and good cardio? Your body may be going through an adjustment phase right now
  • louisemallas
    louisemallas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're just not really thirsty?

This - thirst has a lot to answer for.....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? (Not trying to be an a** about it. I experienced this when I first knew I was pregnant.)
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm pregnant. I mean, I haven't been greeted by any angels saying I'm going to give birth to the Son of God. That's the only way I'd be pregnant right now.

I drink close to a gallon of water each day. I'm always drinking water, so I doubt that's it.
  • honeylissabee
    Options
    My workout routine has not changed at all.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? (Not trying to be an a** about it. I experienced this when I first knew I was pregnant.)

I did too! I didn't realize I was pregnant until about week 6 or so and I was starving to death after being completely consistent hitting my numbers just by eating when I was hungry! Then all the sudden I couldn't get enough food during the day! I would wake up hungry and I have never done that!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You haven't logged for a week. You dropped your calories from 1800 to 1200..Unfortunately it's impossible to make any kind of educated reply with the amount of data (or lack of) in your diary. it's not possible to give a good answer based on ONE day's description of what you are eating.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm pregnant. I mean, I haven't been greeted by any angels saying I'm going to give birth to the Son of God. That's the only way I'd be pregnant right now.

I drink close to a gallon of water each day. I'm always drinking water, so I doubt that's it.

Haha! Okay, I thought it was worth asking.
  • honeylissabee
    Options
    I said I got off track last week, but I haven't cut my calories from what I was eating BEFORE that.
  • KittiesSong
    Options
    Hmm... I know I really struggled with this when I started out. Are you eating too many carbs and/or sugars? I know for me if I eat too much sugar or too many simple carbs I will be hungry no matter how much I eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every month around ovulation. It might be a hormonal thing. Typically it's a few days and it goes away... I think mine has FINALLY gone away, the last few days have been absolutely horrible.

But yeah if you're eating 1200 calories at 185lbs, either way you're going to be starving.
  • honeylissabee
    Options
    I'm not counting fruit and veggies, so I'm eating more than 1,200 calories! I am absolutely miserable right now. I am eating proper portion sizes, drinking water, limiting added sugars, and trying to fill up on fruit and veggies and it doesn't work, but half a box of lucky charms and some chips held me over all night
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I know I really struggled with this when I started out. Are you eating too many carbs and/or sugars? I know for me if I eat too much sugar or too many simple carbs I will be hungry no matter how much I eat.

That's what I was going to suggest. I find that even good carbs can cause me to feel hungry or give me cravings. Your sample day doesn't really indicate the qty of the carbs you're eating but it could be a factor. I have found that when I take a week off and I allow myself to eat like the way I used to that getting back on track is SO hard. It's like my stomach gets stretched out and I can never fill it up!

Stick with it, keep your calories at the number MFP set up for you and you'll see, you'll be back on track in no time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting fruit and veggies, so I'm eating more than 1,200 calories! I am absolutely miserable right now. I am eating proper portion sizes, drinking water, limiting added sugars, and trying to fill up on fruit and veggies and it doesn't work, but half a box of lucky charms and some chips held me over all night

Yeah I've been there. I used to have to eat a whole box of pasta or something when that happened, lol.

Hopefully it won't last!