I AM a Success <3

I read and look at everyone's success stories, but I have never posted my own. Maybe its time?

To be honest with you I wasn't always over weight. I was a normal sized child. Average build and very active. I was always out playing with the boys.

I do not think it was until I hit senior year of High School that I noticed changes in my body. I left home half way through my senior year. A big fight at home. I never went back and haven't been since then, so in the past 12 1/2 years I have hardly spoken to my mother and step-father. It really was the best decision I could have made for my self, I don't think I would be the woman I am today if I stayed.

It wasn't until after graduation when I started noticing 5 lb gain here and there. It did not happen over night. It happened over the course of a couple of years. I think I graduated weighing HS at about 140. I lived with my grandparents from graduation until the summer I turned 19. Then I moved in with my high school boy friend.

Here I am at my heaviest, roughly 205 lbs on a 5'3 frame.

1-2_zpsbf5d8a91.jpg

NOT pretty! I felt like complete garbage about myself. I hated wearing shorts. I sweat like crazy. I don't know how I got like that. Wait, yes I did. I did not care about ME. And I just ate what I felt like when I felt like it. After my boy friend and I broke up after over 3 years I decided it was time I did something about ME.

At 22 years old I joined Curves.

Over the 3-4 years I lost almost 80+ lbs and got to my lowest weight ever of 118 lbs in May of 2008!

That is one weight I don't plan on seeing again because it is impossible for me to maintain. Although I totally felt the best I have ever felt at that weight.

I gained some back and maintained a weight of 130-135 for the next year. Then I met my Husband, January 2009. I maintained my weight of 135-140 the first year we were together. Then we got married a year later. I had a good two years years of maintaining 135ish. Here I am on my wedding day:

1.jpg

I became pregnant September 2010 weighing 147. I gave birth June 1, 2011 at 194.

Here I am at 9 months pregnant:
229451_10150250497861041_5173009_n_zps7660d04d.jpg
226595_10150250498321041_3251026_n_zpsc2059c89.jpg

It wasn't until my son reached 6 months old I realized I needed to do something about my weight AGAIN. I knew I had issues when I was STILL wearing maternity clothes.

Here we are 3 months postpartum:
312718_2125860758160_5352847_n_zps1d987bad.jpg

I once again started WW January 2012. I went back to the gym when I could. By May 2012 I was back down to 150. It was at that time that I took up running. I signed up for my first 5k in August 2012 and started training for that. By my first race in August i was back down to 135. I managed to maintain this through September and October. It wasn't until November and thanksgiving when things went down hill and I managed to gain 15lbs! I stopped running after my second race in October was done. I don't know if I was burnt out or what. My January 2013 I realized I screwed myself and that If I did not put an end to it I was going to be back to starting ALL over.

I could've kicked myself for not keeping up with running last fall. My stamina come January was gone so it was almost like starting over. So I picked back up in January, signed up for 2 races for the spring and got back at it and have not looked back since. I lost the 15 lbs I gained and then 5 more. I reached my ultimate goal weight of 130 last month and have done everything I can to maintain it.

I have worked so hard to get to were I am today as a mother, wife and woman. I want my son (who is now 2) to see me succeed to know that HE TOO can succeed when he works hard. My son knows what I do. "Mommy go run" he says as I lace up my shoes. We actually run tiny distances together and I cannot wait for him to get a little older to join me in runs. I want him to be proud of his momma.

Here we stand at 31 years old and at goal weight of 130 lbs..my official "After" Photos
d2665fd2-b0e3-4c49-811f-333e414c1d4f_zpse54b166e.jpg
7e3bbd46-c5ed-4a77-8940-2a175af6b3d4_zps5b8fe791.jpg

Im finally starting to feel good in my skin.

I've completed two 5ks and an 8k so far this season with one more 5k (this weekend) and possibly a 10k on Thanksgiving.

I am currently training to run a my first half marathon in March 2014.

I will admit maintenance is def. harder than losing weight but I am determined to never go back to my old self. <3 If I can do it and succeed, so can you.

524589_10201316742272631_122320903_n_zps6939ebad.jpg

Replies

• Ambeee11
    Ambeee11 Posts: 51 Member
    Good for you! You look great! You truly are a success and should be so proud of all your hard work! Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Awesome job Kristina! Great to be your friend of MFP, you are a real motivation to people around you!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    You look amazing! Way to go Dear :)
  • Thank You for sharing your story. You are beautiful at all sizes, but I see a lot of happiness in your face at your goal size. Best of luck to you with maintaining. You've got this! :)
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    You're truly awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    So motivating!! =) You look fantastic and your story is remarkable. Thanks for sharing!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    GoGranny.gif

Awesome job ...... you look amazing AND happy ...... thanks for sharing !
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Awesome story! I hear ya, its always hard to have to start yet AGAIN! But, through it all, you have found balance and what works for you. You stayed dedicated and you do what makes you happy, which is your running and getting your son to run with you on little distances. Great family bonding! Your final pic you look happy and thats what counts! Great story thank you for sharing!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Nicely done!
  • Muddybear7
    Muddybear7 Posts: 29 Member
    Great story and amazing transformation. You are beautiful!
  • johngypsy
    johngypsy Posts: 24 Member
    You look great. Good job.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Thanks for sharing your great story, congrats on your success, you look wonderful and younger!
  • flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    My Friend, You look fantastic! Congrats on reaching your goal weight. You always inspire me to keep going and don't look back. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Yes you are a success! I enjoyed reading your story so much. Great job, you look beautiful and it sounds like you feel wonderful :flowerforyou:
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Totally, well done YOU. I and so many others can understand how difficult it is. I still have 40 something lbs to go... But from where I was, I am proud. I vow this is me moving FORWARD.

You look amazing and congratulations on your success! :)

Jen x
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Way to go, beautiful! You were my first friend here on MFP and I have loved watching you reach your goal, and encouraging you along the way! I am so proud of you.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Thru all that time...deep down your determination never ceased! Way to go! :wink:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    what an amazing story. you look awesome girl.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful words! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • What a great job you've done and continue to do! Someday I hope to catch up to you! (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!