I'm my husband's Trophy Wife!

Options
ksuetorres
ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
I'm so proud of my weight loss. I started almost exactly a year ago when I got a bad triglyceride report the week before Mother had a heart attack and triple bypass. I knew I had to do something, first because I want to be healthy and also because I discovered I NEVER want to have heart surgery. So I got serious about diet and exercise. I started using MFP and went on 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day, plus I started walking every day. I built up to 2 - 4 miles per day. Within six months I had lost 50 pounds, and began to increase my calorie intake. I continued to lose weight at a slower rate, and ultimately bypassed my original goal by 15 pounds. Now I'm on maintenance, and will NEVER GAIN BACK THAT WEIGHT. I went from busting out of a size 14 to size 4-6. I feel great and I think I look pretty good too! JL calls me his trophy wife -- and he's right! LOL :love:

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'd love to see before/after pics, though. :-)
  • h_jeffrey
    h_jeffrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You should be proud, that's awesome!!!

I've got just about the same amount to lose and really appreciate the inspiration! I want to be a Trophy Wife, too :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Also just curious how much do you eat at maintenance
  • klerato
    klerato Posts: 45
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I keep asking my husband what he will do when I become his Trophy Wife after I reach my ultimate goal.. Good for you!! This is an awesome post!! I love the term Trophy Wife!
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing glad you surpassed your goals, cheers to a long healthy life
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awwww what a wonderful hubby! That is so great for you! :) You're beautiful!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awe I love this :)
  • KMcG718
    Options
    @Denimandpearl: That is basically exactly what I was going to say. Thank you for the inspiration, you should be so proud. I am going to be a trophy too! :) I'm feeling motivated!
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great job, love the inspirational posts.
  • h_jeffrey
    h_jeffrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too, KMcG718! I'm totally going to change my profile right now...I want to be a Trophy Wife. :)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    If that's a goal you're happy with, congratulations on achieving it!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the title! :bigsmile:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Thank you for the inspiration!! I walk almost daily also!
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    congrats!! that's wonderful!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1560 kcsl/day, per MFP. I'm still logging, and plan to do so forever. I originally gained weight by just being a gobblejaws and mindlessly eating whatever the heck I wanted. It's amazing how effective it is to just PAY ATTENTION. I have MFP on my phone, tablet and PCs at home and work. Never an excuse not to log!
  • georgesanchez7737
    georgesanchez7737 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    felicidades!! awesome results!
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1560 kcsl/day, per MFP. I'm still logging, and plan to do so forever. I originally gained weight by just being a gobblejaws and mindlessly eating whatever the heck I wanted. It's amazing how effective it is to just PAY ATTENTION. I have MFP on my phone, tablet and PCs at home and work. Never an excuse not to log!

I am learning this now, so true, every time I log I loose weight, I get lazy about logging and gain, simple as that!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You should be proud (your husband too!), good for you :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!