Flavoured water/sparkling water

Options
Hi just wondered if flavoured water counted as plain water? Can I log it as water? I like both and I drink both, and whilst I'm not really here to lose weight at the moment I'd just like to keep an eye on things - fluid intake included.

I think maybe I can add it as water cups as it's got to have a different effect on my body compared to, diet coke, black tea? Both of which I drink too. It must have the same effect as plain water?

I like some sparkling juice drinks & weight watchers drinks too, which are about 10 cals per 500ml bottle. But I wouldn't count diluted juice (full sugar) as water? Just fluid intake in general?

Is there a huge difference in what you drink to hydrate your body, as in, does it really matter as long as you are hydrated?

What do you do?

Thanks.

Replies

• JamiesMummyX
    JamiesMummyX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Drink water if you like it , but despite what some people say, ALL non-alcoholic drinks contribute to hydration, tho' it's best to avoid sugary ones and only have 1 glass of fruit juice a day. A glass of plain water can be zinged up with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, no need to buy flavoured.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'd still count it. It's water. However, as a side-note, I wouldn't recommend getting the flavored water that has aspartame in it. I'm not sure about those flavored with maltodextrin since that's also an artificial sweetener, but I know for sure that aspartame raises your blood sugar and cravings for sweets.

You could flavor water yourself by adding pomegranate seeds, berry, mint leaves, or cucumber slices to it! I personally add lemon juice to mine. And I drink A LOT of tea (mainly green tea and herbal since highly caffeinated products have a dehydrating effect).
  • JamiesMummyX
    JamiesMummyX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I don't eat sugar due to some health issues currently, so sugar cravings are a here and far and don't effect me too much knowing I can't, so I won't. If that makes sense.

I'm 4 months sober and don't drink pure fruit juice. Aspartame I've researched on, I try avoid but occasionally it just happens. Diet coke for example.

Never thought about adding flavour myself though, so that is a great thought to keep with me, will 100% try that!