21 days, and it's a habit!

Options
Hello fellow MFPers,

I'm on day 22 of my lifestyle change and using MFP. I woke up at 6AM, and instead of staying in the bed sleeping in the first thing I thought about was getting my workout on. I think I'm finally hooked on this workout thing, and it feels exhilarating! Anyone else having that feeling? :bigsmile:

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yeah..
    For a couple of weeks I haven't been able to work out as much as I'd like to and it totally sucks!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Its a mind set! Mind over matter...If you mind it does matter---or something like that....:grumble:
  • pxgabriel
    Options
    I think you are right, it does become a habit. That is what has happened to me. I quit buying candy (snickers) in June, now when I go to the store I don't think about them. Before I was buying one just about every day. Good Job!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep--you are hooked on the endorphins (feel good hormone put out by the brain during exercise and other good things). This is a good thing. ;) Your muscles are being toned, which helps burn even more calories when resting, and helps you look fabulous. Your brain is getting all the oxygen and foods that a faster heartbeat has pushed up there--and should help you to stay away from strokes and other brain problems. And, during this time alone, you have time to think, meditate, converse with nature or a higher power. A win-win situation.
    Have fun!! :drinker: (water)
  • stepxstep
    Options
    Great job, Toya860! That's wonderful! Thanks for reminding me that it only takes 21 days for a new habit to replace an old one. Bye bye, couch potato. Hello, fit and healthy new me. (That's my goal.)
    Day 1 ... :-)