Need to lose more than 100 pounds and need support.

Options
I am looking for a support system. Don't get me wrong, I have my husband and my mom and a friend or two. However, none of them are on the same journey I am currently on. I am looking for some people who can relate to what I am going through to help keep me going when I want to quit. Likewise, I want to support someone or some people who may be having a rough time with their own journey. It is not easy, and they say doing it together makes it better.

I am a mommy to a beautiful little one and wife. I work full time (plus overtime). I need and want to lose weight to be happy. My blood pressure is perfect, my cholesterol is perfect, my resting heart rate is perfect. Although I want to feel healthy and comfortable when I get up in the morning and when I go to bed and night. My body hurts from carrying the extra weight. According to the BMI I need to lose more than 109 lbs. I am not sure if that is really possible with my bone structure. I would be ecstatic losing all those pounds though!!

I have about a thousands reasons why I have gained so much weight and most of them are legitimate reasons. The excuses for not trying harder to lose weight and get healthy are pathetic but yet very common.

Thank you for taking a moment for me.

Replies

• Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    All the best! Im on the same journey breaking it down to 30kg (60) first then remaining 20kg (40)
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I want to lose 140lbs
  • bonjef1964
    Options
    Good luck...today is my first day with MFP. I'm right with you. I hope this works. :smile:
  • rotielover
    rotielover Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! i broke both arms in a motorcycle accident and lived with a great deal of pain. I broke 2 sets of hardware in my left arm, and am very afraid of breaking a third. Terrified would be more accurate. Months of being unable to do many things, followed by months of physical therapy definitely not fun. During all this time my weight has done nothing but go up and up.

I need to get past my fear and get moving!

I have a wii, xbox and treadmill -- trying to put aside my fears and my excuses and do the dang thing!

We can help each other!
  • cphair27
    cphair27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just friended you! I will support you any possible way I can--good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    good luck! just think, in just 1 year from now, you could be 100 pounds lighter! sure, its hard work and total dedication, but its only 1 year of your life, compared to how ever many years you have spent being over weight and possibly unhappy... 2 pounds per week, 52 weeks in a year, thats 104 pounds that can be lost!!! GO FOR IT! the year will go by so fast, and before you know it, it will be over!
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am in a similar situation-Need to lose about 80 lbs right now, but I have perfect cholesterol, sugar, blood pressure, etc but know I need to lose the weight.
  • dread352
    Options
    I understand the struggle being a parent myself and trying to find the time is not easy.
    feel free to add me.
  • Feisty_one
    Feisty_one Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    good luck, i need to lose more than 100lbs but 100lbs is my goal! just started again yesterday so need support and motivation too! xx
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
    I am almost at the halfway mark of 100 :)
    I am doing it by eating above 1200 net (usually following TDEE-25%), regular eating and trying to eat healthy most of the time
    I am always looking for new friends who are not starving themselves or treating their body unhealthily by eating under net 1200

It is work, and its about how much do you want this, putting yourself first and working at it.
  • erint886
    erint886 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your messages :)

You all are so inspiring!! :)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I just started too... feel free to add me
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am living proof!!!
  • aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    Options
    You can do this!!! I will also send a friend add :) I had lost 88 (now I am pregnant) and have more to go :)
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard...we are a great supportive community...

I had lost about 30lbs over a couple years on my own...lost an additional 30 with MFP and my journey continues...I really like MFP for all the help, tools and support it provides...

Feel free to add me...together we can do it...!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    heres what helps me stick with it -

never go on a diet mentallity.

and dont go back to your old ways that got you 109 pounds overweight.

Thats it :)
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    good for you. You can do this!!! you are a good person, and deserve to be healthy and happy.
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I wish you the best of luck. It is easy to take things one day at a time.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lew... Married, dad of two soon to be three... At this for 15 months now and down 187.6 pounds and plan to log for 50 more years. Anyone is welcome to add me. My diary is open to friends and I comment all the time. Welcome everyone!
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can add me too.