Small Goal Big Results - Loose 10 - 15 lbs by Halloween!

Options

Replies

• AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Some more meal Ideas. http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/diet/

The best way to rev up your sluggish metabolism is to eat, and eat a lot. How could eating a lot help you lose weight? The secret is to shake things up: Confuse it to lose it! By eating specific whole, nutritious, delicious foods on specific days, you’ll speed up your metabolism and get it burning again. And you’ll do it without going hungry or giving up your favorite foods. And never forget about exercise: If you want to truly optimize your metabolism, you have to get your body moving. It’s as simple as 30 minutes of exercise, three times a week.

The 3-Phase Plan requires that you complete all three phases, every week for four weeks. Each day of each phase requires that you eat three meals and two snacks. You can always repeat the 28-day plan, or even just a week or two of the plan if you find your metabolism needs

How does the Diet work?
    Eat your way to a thinner you! On The Fast Metabolism Diet you’re going to eat a lot, and still lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.
    •PHASE ONE (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    •PHASE TWO (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    •PHASE THREE (Friday-Saturday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
    •Repeat for four weeks!

Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

FAST METABOLISM MEALS - Examples

Day 1 & 2 (Carbs)

Breakfast: French Toast w/ steam strawberry juice and Fresh Strawberries on Use Sprout Bread (Egg Whites to dip bread)
    • My substation: 40 cal bread one slice, Walden farm calorie free strawberry fruit spread 1tbsp., 1 cup of fresh strawberries

Snack: (Fruit) 1 cup of Mango

Lunch: (carb and veggie) 40 cal. Bread, one slice of light turkey sandwich meat, mustard can have sandwich fixings, onion, spinach leaves, tomato served with salad or vegetable on side. My sub was Progresso Parmesan tomatoes soup 1 cup 160 cal.

Snack: (fruit): Half red grapefruit toasted with cinnamon. ***I just ate the half grapefruit

Dinner: Boneless Chicken 4 oz baked or boiled served with 1 cup of steam broccoli and ½ cup of brown rice. I used chicken broth cups to give extra flavor.

Day 3 & 4 (Protein) (No carbs & low fat)

Breakfast: (protein & veggie) Egg white omelet filled with green/red pepper, mushrooms, and purple onion (use a little hot sauce to taste)

Snack: (Protein) Smoked Salmon 2.5 oz w/ cucumber slices w/ dill pickle juice, lemon wedge to squeeze on fish

Lunch: (Protein & Veggie) 4oz Tuna Salad in a red bell pepper fixed with mustard, cilantro, pickle slices and herbs. 3 small Persian cucumber chopped Served with a side spinach leave salad

Snack: (Protein) Turkey Jerky meat (Jacks Links Turkey Jerky Original 1 - 1.5 oz)

Dinner: Flat Iron Steak (5 oz) seasoned with spices of choice, 7 asparagus sticks grilled or in a pan w/ tsp of olive oil and spices, can add mushrooms or bell peppers for more taste grilled and seasoned to taste or 3 cups of broccoli florets

Day 5, 6, & 7 (Healthy Fats)

Breakfast: (Fruit, Fat, Grain, Veggie) 1 Whole Organic Brown Eggs, on Sprout Toast (Substation Nature’s Own 40 calorie bread), 1 slice of tomato and onion (black pepper & garlic salt to taste)

Snack: (Veggie & Fat) Hummus (2 tbsp) dipped w/ baby Carrots 3oz & Cucumbers 1 mini

Lunch: (Fat, Veggie, Fruit) Avocado Turkey Lettuce Wrap Can make 1 or 2 Wraps.

2 – 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
    2 tbsp hummus/ 1tbsp for 1 wrap
    1 tbsp salsa of choice
    4 oz cooked ground turkey (Jennie O Ground Lean Tube)
    1 cup arugula or ½ cup for 1 wrap
    ¼ avocado sliced thinly
    Sea salt and pepper
    Small Whole Wheat Tortilla La Tortilla Factory 50cal for 1

Snack: (Veggie& Fat) 2 Celery stick cut into 4 halves filled with Almond Butter 2(TBSP) 205 calories *my substation; I used the calorie free Walden Farms Strawberry Fruit spread that I used in Phase 1 of breakfast. Calories 15

Dinner: Shrimp & Veggie Stir Fry w/ Quinoa Pasta (Serves 4)

2 tbsp olive oil
    ½ cup chopped red onion
    3 tsp crush garlic
    12-14stalks of asparagus, trimmed and chopped
    1 ½ - 2 cups quarted Brussels sprouts
    3 tsp chop cilantro
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    ½ tsp sea salt
    2 head of baby bok choy, bottoms removed
    1lb extra-large cooked shrimp
    2 cups of quinoa fusilli, warm or wild rice
    ***Pasta Sub. Ronzoni Smart Taste Rotini

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/3-phase-plan-fix-your-metabolism-good?page=3

By Haylie Pomroy Celebrity nutritionist and wellness consultant Author of The Fast Metabolism Diet Get the Fast Metabolism Diet recipes for Phase 1, 2 and 3 of Haylie's plan.
  • moyerdestroyer
    moyerdestroyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never tried a challenge like this! I'm looking to loose weight before November 15th so this is perfect timing! I've never been able to keep goals before, so here's a try! Or loose weight by working out or trying (it just happens occasionally)

Todays Date: Sept 30th
    Current Weight: 138
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 128
    Measurements: Will Update
    Neck:
    Waist:
    Hips:

I will try to eat 1200-1400 low fat Cals a day
    Walk my dog three miles a day (around an hour)
    And restart the 30 day shred video!
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

Todays Date: 9/30
    Current Weight: 165
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 155
    Measurements;
    Neck: 12"
    Waist: 28"
    Hips: 41"
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why not, I'll try for 10. I've been in starve/binge mode for a few months and it's been bad.

Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Goal Weight by Hallowe'en: 125 lbs
    Measurements:
    Neck: 11.5"
    Waist: 26.5-27"
    Hips: 36"
  • ktaylor0418
    Options
    I'm a little intimidated. Been looking at all the posts and everyone is so much smaller and in better shape than me. I will try but I may be in the wrong group.
  • ljhall8
    ljhall8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a little intimidated. Been looking at all the posts and everyone is so much smaller and in better shape than me. I will try but I may be in the wrong group.
    I don't think you are in the wrong group at all :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    That is a LOT of #'s by Halloween.

To those joining this- make sure you're being realistic about your goals.
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    That is a LOT of #'s by Halloween.

To those joining this- make sure you're being realistic about your goals.

Agreed those joining late may want to shoot for more like 5 lbs or 8 lbs (maybe)

But in the long run this more to be held accountable for the next 30 days now and to focus on the month of October and NOT the big picture of what we may want to loose.
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Why not, I'll try for 10. I've been in starve/binge mode for a few months and it's been bad.

Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Goal Weight by Hallowe'en: 125 lbs
    Measurements:
    Neck: 11.5"
    Waist: 26.5-27"
    Hips: 36"

happy to have you join!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't think I honestly have enough weight on me to lose 10lbs by Halloween. I'm going to stick to a healthy goal like 5 lbs.

Todays Date: 10/1/2013
    Current Weight: 158 lbs.
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 153 lbs.
  • umadumamilla
    umadumamilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in too! I need some motivation for Halloween!!!! I am going for 10lbs. I am 155 now.
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Today is Thursday Oct. 03 and I am weighing in for my weekly. I feel like I am going strong and love seeing all the people who have join this challenged! You all are keeping me very motivated. I feel as though because I started this challenge that I have to set a good example and continue to make myself accountable for my daily choices.

So here we go after almost 2 weeks in! (11 days)

Today’s Date: 10/3/2013
    Challenge Start Weight: 168lbs
    Current Weight: 163.5
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 155

So far 4.5 lbs lost!!! I’m super pleased and we still have 29 more days to keep on going!!! (Including today & the 31st) I know with continue support and motivation we can all get to our goal!!! Please add me as a friend if you like. I have an open diary as well.

BEAST MODE IS TURNED ON!!!!

:smile: :wink: :happy: :tongue: :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    starting: 252
    current: 249.4

I haven't done measurements yet but I have still made progress!
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    START WEIGH- 211
    TODAYS WEIGHT 209!
    EIGHT MORE TO GO!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    starting: 252
    current: 249.4

I haven't done measurements yet but I have still made progress!

Your doing do GREAT! Keep it up!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    START WEIGH- 211
    TODAYS WEIGHT 209!
    EIGHT MORE TO GO!

WOOHOO look at you go! Keep it up!! :)
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options
    Was sick this past weekend and it kinda through me off the ban wagon of loggin in, but I am back on target again! Im not posting my stats this week as they are not accurate with me being sick and such. We will see where I am at next Thursday. Its going to be a tough weekend this weekend. Headed to the TAMALE FESTIVAL!!! Lots of yummy food but I know I have will have the WILL POWER!

Good job everyone and keep it up!
  • susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in if it's still ok! I know I missed a lot of this month already, but I've lost 3lb since October 1st, so I have 7 (at least to go).

Start weight: 170
    Current weight: 167
    Loss: 3lb
    Target weight: 160
  • ljhall8
    ljhall8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    only 3 lbs to go :)
    I want in :)

Todays Date: sept 30th now the 13th of oct
    Current Weight: 234 now 229
    Goal Weight by Halloween: 226