Constipated now that I'm eating healthier

Options
Hi,

I am three weeks into eating healthier and I am not going to the bathroom. I started taking miralax the last week and fiber supplements but it's just not causing a regular movement. I also up'd my water and am eating 25-35 grams of fiber a day. I don't want to start using medications to go since this appears to be a long term issue so I am wondering if there are any suggestions. Thanks.

Replies

• thehappyfitmusician
    Options
    Hey! I have struggled with this same issue. I literally have tried everything including an enema. The best thing that works for me and REALLY does work is taking a multi-oil vitamin. I take one called Total Woman. It consists of Omega 3s, 6s and 9s, Soy and Rosemary Oil. Mine is produced by Metabolic Research Center, but I'm sure other brands work too. I take one at every meal and it keeps me regular. It seriously has been the ONLY thing to work for me. Good luck!
  • Dch2272
    Dch2272 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    In addition to drinking lots of water, I have incorporated chia seeds and flaxseeds (ground) into my diet. They help immensely as well as help to keep me full during the day.