Walking a dog at 3 miles an hour

Options
I don't have a dog. Is it just me, or do you just log 2.5 mph or 3.5 mph just so you don't have to field questions like, :"When did youy get a dog?" :wink:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    You can enter new exercises into the database and name them whatever you want. Then it will appear for easy use on your list of exercises.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My issue is keeping my dogs walking at 3 mph, they are runners for sure. I need to get them a paw-dometer. :)
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    LOL paw-dometer!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :laugh: We really need a Paw-Dometer for the cat!! He follows us to the Store (7-11) and Home almost every night! How would you count his steps?!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lol. i get that all the time. "bet your dog is happy" to be honest i dont really like dogs. Im a cat person. but i dont change the speed. i just keep it as is. and respond i hate dogs. lol.
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    walking not burn calories only running miles or more
    Huh?
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Huh?

trust me, don't ask LOL
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Huh?

His dad is a scientist or something or other........:::insert sarcasm:::......so he's a professional.
    Options
    I'd love it if my dogs would walk at 3 mph. They have to stop and pee and sniff everything every 4 steps!

(edited for TYYYPOOOS)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. Whenever I log a speed that doesn't include a dog reference, several of my friends on here inquire into the status of said dog.

Also, why is that troll set on repeat?
    Options
    I just discovered the "ignore user" option :drinker:
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Huh?

His dad is a scientist or something or other........:::insert sarcasm:::......so he's a professional.

I hate to say it but I really don't care what his dad is. The guy is a complete idiot. I only walk and I have actually managed to lose a pound or 2. It is just simple math. I am an engineer with multiple advanced degrees and my daughter is getting her doctorate in Pharmacology with a minor in nutrition.

Bottom line: you can burn calories AND lose weight by walking!!!!!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the "ignore user" option :drinker:
    That's because your thoughts have backing.
  • tabcatme
    Options
    Hee Hee... I have only just joined and logged my walking at the weekend as exactly that. The funny thing is when I am out walking I keep getting asked where my dog is!
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I realize that every physical activity does, in fact, burn calories, but I don't think me walking my dog burns enough calories over my normal calorie burn rate that it is worth logging on MFP. If someone were extremely sedentary and sat on the couch watching TV all day and walking the dog was the only time he got up off his butt, then yeah, it would be a significant event worth logging. But I don't think it is significant for me.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I created one called... NOT walking dog.

Now I get...

Oh, your poor dog
    Why'd you leave the dog at home?
    The dog needs exercise too!

Then I created one called...
    I don't have a dog and the cat falls over, so I walk alone.

Then I got
    Awe, I'll come walk with you

LOL
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I tested out dog walking speed, using walking my dogs and for me at least, 3 miles an hour turned out to be correct, or as correct as you can be when you think you can't really know before how many stops you will do for wees and sniffing (the dogs not me lol) I do run with the dogs too and even when walking, if they are off lead then they are much faster than dog walking speed as they run all over
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just added a new exercise "Walking 3mph without a dog!" lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    :laugh: We really need a Paw-Dometer for the cat!! He follows us to the Store (7-11) and Home almost every night! How would you count his steps?!

Sooooo jealous of your awesome cat.