Workout DVD

Options
I need to lose approximately 75-100lbs, I'm looking for a workout DVD that I can do in my home before work and before I need to get everyone ( my husband, me and my daughter) ready for the day. I'm just not sure which to choose there are so many out there. A little side note I am recovering from a herniated disc in my lower back, starting PT this week. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I guess you could consider me a beginner also, but I want something I can continue doing as I build strength and stamina!

Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean Physiotherapy? If so, wait until you go to Physio and find out what your limits are. They may restrict you to not using weights, not bending, etc.
  • NerdyWeirdCute
    NerdyWeirdCute Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Walk Away the Pounds series by Leslie Sansone? Its a great for any part of the weight loss process whether you are just getting started or trying to lose the last few pounds.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Check out Leslie Sansone videos. It's all based on walking (in place) and then incorporating knee lifts, kick backs, etc., and then arm motions too. You can make it as easy or challenging as you want.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A great workout DVD to start with is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. There is a modified version and an advanced version for every move so you can make it as easy or as hard as you want to. There are three levels and you move to the next level every 10 days. I lost 10 pounds but I was already fairly in shape. You can add me for support if you want! I hope this helps!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Walk Away the Pounds series by Leslie Sansone? Its a great for any part of the weight loss process whether you are just getting started or trying to lose the last few pounds.

I love Leslie too!!!!
  • ajudd71
    Options
    I have had two surgeries for herniated disc so I feel your pain. I did Leslie Sansone walking based workouts after both surgeries. My surgeon also recommended yoga and pilates to strengthen my core. I found a great yoga place near my home and found I really like yoga. I also have the Winsor Pilates DVDs. My favorite Leslie Sansone DVD is the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk. Good Luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I need to lose approximately 75-100lbs, I'm looking for a workout DVD that I can do in my home before work and before I need to get everyone ( my husband, me and my daughter) ready for the day. I'm just not sure which to choose there are so many out there. A little side note I am recovering from a herniated disc in my lower back, starting PT this week. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I guess you could consider me a beginner also, but I want something I can continue doing as I build strength and stamina!

Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs are really good for beginner thru intermediate. You can go at your own pace & then build up as you go. It's low impact aerobics (no choreography) .....so you won't wake anyone up. These could work with lower back issues ..... but I would test the waters slowly and keep your moves (knee lifts, kicks) really small.

Here are video clips .....you can find these at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10
  • tweaver25
    tweaver25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should def talk to your doc and find out what you shouldn't do (lift weights?) first but I lost about 85lbs with baby #1 doing P90x and am working on losing my weight from baby #1 (lost about 40lbs and I have about 10 more to go). I have been doing a variety of things including P90x, T25 and jogging. I will probably try out TurboFire next.
  • Hlm103010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! I had surgery 3 years ago for 2 herniation's and this time I flat out told the surgeon I did not want another one! I know loosing the weight will help in my rehab also. Seems like Leslie is the go to! I'm looking up her DVD's on Amazon now!
  • ajudd71
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about Leslie is she is super perky and sometimes I want to smack her but it was something I could do despite the numbness and weakness in my legs and feet. It really helped me regain my strength.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about Leslie is she is super perky and sometimes I want to smack her but it was something I could do despite the numbness and weakness in my legs and feet. It really helped me regain my strength.

Music Only option! .....on DVDs listed (below)

Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes
    5 Mega Miles with Band
    Walk it Off in 30 Days
    Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms
    3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
    5K with a Twist
    Walk this Way

Nice to add some variety ....or just tone it down a bit.