havent lost a pound in weeks :(

Options
Help !! Please any advises would be appreciated... Im not eating my calories I try to log my foods everyday, I eat mostly veggies and chicken with some special cravings all still under my daily calories. I walk every day at least 5 miles and I walk all day for my job I also do hip hop abs 2-3 time a week the hips, bun, and thighs and I still look like a Giant pear.... help please !

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Log your food everyday and use a digital scale (buy one if you don't have one). You don't log accurately so you don't really know what your eating.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Log your food everyday and use a digital scale (buy one if you don't have one). You don't log accurately so you don't really know what your eating.

This.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are doing, try something different to shake things up! I agree with the logging- if it passes your lips log it in. I bought a digital scale and it is enlightening. I especially think it is important to weigh meat as eyeballing it can be inaccurate.
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating ENOUGH!
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating ENOUGH!

The dreaded "starvation mode" huh? :P
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This.

So this...
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone else... nothing else to add. Sorry :(
  • melybelyc
    Options
    I also agree. It could be any number of things such as not eating enough, eating the wrong food at the wrong time of day and not changing your routine at all - your body can get so used to the same food and exercise every day - shake things up a little and make sure you eat enough!
  • brownbeauty2013
    brownbeauty2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree too. I'm not a pro but I would say get measuring cups to measure your food. Also cook with cooking spray instead of oil and perhaps try dash, or salt subsitute. You say you walk each day, well a good switch I try is I walk for awhile and then I jog for like 2 to 3 min then back to walking and I keep switching from a light jog and then walking again. That would be a good switch up to your regular routine if possible. Good Luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    So you eat veggies and chicken. What about fat? Sorry to inform you, but fat is a necessary macro.

You could be over-eating, under-eating, or doing a number of other things that aren't working. In my personal experience, WHAT I eat matters completely, but of course most people here think a Pop Tart diet is just as good as one based on whole foods. Seems logical to many here; not at all to me, based on real life experience.

Cooking spray instead of natural oils? Jeez I love the anti-fat, pro-processed garbage-in-a-can advice on this site. Instead try coconut oil, butter, olive oil, animal fat-yes it really IS healthy when it comes from healthy animals-not canola, soy and other refined crap oils. Also, you can eat any meat, eggs, avocados, etc. Yummy and healthy stuff. It's very interesting how nutrient dense foods can actually make one eat much less, without even trying, and bonus, you can resolve health problems by eating healthy foods. But don't take my word for it, try it. A healthy body loses fat quite effortlessly.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ...I try to log my foods everyday...

I am confused about the word "try". Does this mean you are not logging in all your foods, and logging all your foods accurately? If that is the case, the answer is self-evident.

Other than that I understand your dilemma. I am in a similar boat. The math (calculating calories eaten and burned) says i should be losing around 2 - 3 lbs. a week. However, in reality I am consistently loosing 1 lbs. under what the math says (losing only 1 - 2 lbs. a week). It is a bit dismaying, but i count myself lucky in at least i am seeing some loss.

48403347.png
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    what do you mean by the wrong food at the wrong time of the day ? does it matter what and when I eat certain foods ?